Any other fans of Battlebots on here?

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
It's absolutely my replacement for pro sports.

Ruled by people who probably got made fun of all through high school, it's got everything.

$10+K robots, bullet proof glass, Flame throwers, fires, explosions, haz mat suites for clean up, 100 pound hammers, skill saws, knock outs, 250 pound robots thrown 15 feet into the air, split in half, burned, spinners, flippers, spinning blades, everything except for time outs lol.

The announcers might seem a little corny, but I can appreciate that as I can watch the videos with my young nieces and not have to worry about language, liberal propaganda and all of the other reasons I quite watching major sports. We're all fans of violent destruction!

Only issue I have is that the show is one our long, but only shows about (4) 3 minute fights per episode. SO I just get on Youtube on Saturday AM's and watch just the fights (although some of the insights into the builders and bots themselves are interesting).

If you have no idea what I'm talking about,

Check this out.

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
It is one of my favorite shows. It is on the Discovery Channel on Thursday at 8:00 pm for 2 hours and 8 battles. I'm tempted to build one myself. There is a team from Raleigh. My favorite team is Tombstone followed by Hydra.

Last edited:

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
Hayell no !!!
I'd rather rearrange my closet and dresser drawers. Then the chest of drawers.
Hunt fireants with tweezers, while cutting the grass with scissors .... at night.
Phew ! No, no, no.

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
I like Huge. That big blade spinning at those speeds is crazy. Hes not my favorite but an interesting bot. Me and my little boy will build lego batlebots and have battles. He loves it.

Its insane how fast some of those weapons turn. Saw one the other day that it ripped a fist off a bot and stuck it in the wall. It was insane.

Also Grant Imahara was on the original show a decade maybe before he became a mythbuster?

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
@NCST8GUY this was the most badass bot ever built but they wouldn't let it fight. The precision and balance it takes to have this thing spin up is mindblowing. If you dont want to know the build details jump to 9 minutes in to watch the test of the weapons. Its terrifying.

beavercleaver

Twelve Pointer
@NCST8GUY this was the most badass bot ever built but they wouldn't let it fight. The precision and balance it takes to have this thing spin up is mindblowing. If you dont want to know the build details jump to 9 minutes in to watch the test of the weapons. Its terrifying.

I would like to see what happens when he hit a bot like duck at full speed,,probably destroy both

pinkfletch

Ten Pointer
I have been watching for years. I record each week so as not to miss any. Tombstone is my favorite because of its simplicity and pure destructive power. Ray has had some problems this season, but don't count him out.

jenkinsnb

Ten Pointer

I couldn’t imagine the time, money, and effort put into that project to have them disqualify it immediately

beavercleaver

Twelve Pointer
Always thought tombstones blades should pivot like a brushhog blade so it would not be so damaging to tombstone,tombstone mostof the time he destroys himself

CutNRun

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Battle Bots is my wife's favorite show. I found it a few years ago and we have been addicted since. We bet on who will win each bout and if it will be by K.O., unanimous decision, or split decision.

Jim

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
I couldn’t imagine the time, money, and effort put into that project to have them disqualify it immediately

At those rpms and speed of 450mph man who knows what would happen if it got thrown off balance or destroyed another bot. Plexiglass is strong but I wouldn't be in the front row with that one spinning up. That bot is insane.

I'd love to see them allow it in the cage with a bunch of watermelons And ballistic dummies.

jenkinsnb

Ten Pointer
At those rpms and speed of 450mph man who knows what would happen if it got thrown off balance or destroyed another bot. Plexiglass is strong but I wouldn't be in the front row with that one spinning up. That bot is insane.

I'd love to see them allow it in the cage with a bunch of watermelons And ballistic dummies.
I’m not saying that I don’t absolutely see the reasons for being ineligible, it would just really suck to have it completed and then deemed ineligible to compete. As you said, at least some ballistic dummies for a demonstration.

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
I’m not saying that I don’t absolutely see the reasons for being ineligible, it would just really suck to have it completed and then deemed ineligible to compete. As you said, at least some ballistic dummies for a demonstration.

Wonder what the cost was on that. I didnt watch the full video maybe they mentionit but that kind of precision cant be cheap.

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns

If you watch the whole video, they calculated at top speed that if one of the hammers came off, it would go right through the glass. That is the builders calculations, not Battlebots. It is easy to see why they didn't allow it to compete. Also why they amended the rules to limit speeds to 250 mph.

Greg

Old Mossy Horns
My boys and I used to watch it all the time.
But we dumped satellite a year or two ago.

JONOV

Old Mossy Horns
I used to watch it quite a bit, but they cancelled the first iteration after it was determined that the wedge design basically proved the best and it became boring.

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
I didn't add up all the designs but it appears the most popular design is the vertical spinner. I personally like the flippers like Bronco and Hydra.

Last edited:

30/06

Twelve Pointer
No, I’m not 16 and still living in my parents basement. Just picking, kind of.

it’s actually pretty amazing what they come up with but have enough stuff that takes up my time.

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
No, I’m not 16 and still living in my parents basement. Just picking, kind of.

it’s actually pretty amazing what they come up with but have enough stuff that takes up my time.

Just think of it as the UFC with robots, except more action and less wrestling.

Lowg08

Ten Pointer
It’s on record at my house. We love it. One of my absolute favorite shows to watch my little girl watches them over and over. I’m a big combat sports fan. My knee kept me out of competing in MMA myself so I live vicariously through UFC and battle bots