Rifle facelift/stock upgrade

Whitdon83

Button Buck
I decided I wanted to build a rifle and get into predator hunting so I took an old Remington 700 bdl 243 that my dad gave to me and gave it a facelift. I didn’t want to risk any damage to the walnut stock so I picked up a Remington synthetic for under $80. I upgraded the old redfield tracker with an ATN IR scope and made a kydex adjustable cheek piece. The final touch was a fresh coat of paint. I’m still debating on whether to add a suppressor. But that will have to be in next years budget. I’m pleased with it and love the idea of giving new life to a rifle that was sitting in the cabinet. I’m debating on whether to try to pick up some scope mounts that will allow the scope to it closer to the gun.
fe486611fa2989703ba7543c58077c64.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
You had two identical threads going. I removed the other and left this one to be the official thread. Let me know if you wanted the other one...I think they were the same.

Whitdon83

Button Buck
Thanks... Tapatalk locked up. I tried to remove but it wouldn’t let me. Thank you. Only wanted one. They were duplicates.

tbear2

Spike
I decided I wanted to build a rifle and get into predator hunting so I took an old Remington 700 bdl 243 that my dad gave to me and gave it a facelift. I didn’t want to risk any damage to the walnut stock so I picked up a Remington synthetic for under $80. I upgraded the old redfield tracker with an ATN IR scope and made a kydex adjustable cheek piece. The final touch was a fresh coat of paint. I’m still debating on whether to add a suppressor. But that will have to be in next years budget. I’m pleased with it and love the idea of giving new life to a rifle that was sitting in the cabinet. I’m debating on whether to try to pick up some scope mounts that will allow the scope to it closer to the gun.

Very nice job.
You definitely need lower rings so you don't elevate your head. Cheap fix.
tbear

Looks nice