ACC Football

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
OSU should be forced to play. "Next man up".
VA Tech played several games down a bunch. OSU just don't wanna get beat like a drum.
I said before, nobody will beat bama this year. It is, what it is.
I detest both teams.
Oh, and OSU committing penalties won't be ignored against bama. Bama gets the calls

If OSU don't wanna play, replace them and remove from top 25. F 'em. Pick anybody that can play.

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
Why does everyone ASSUME Trevor Lawrence is going pro this year ?
He has 2 years of eligibility left and, his replacement is nowhere near ready.
Has he declared for the draft and I missed it ?

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
Just an assumption. Usually players return if there is something to gain professionally. There is risk of injury or risk of having a bad season that could hurt his draft results. There are the rare players that return because they love playing in college.

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
Why does everyone ASSUME Trevor Lawrence is going pro this year ?
He has 2 years of eligibility left and, his replacement is nowhere near ready.
Has he declared for the draft and I missed it ?

Everybody assumed...because #1 picks don’t go back to school. And he only had 1 year of eligibility left btw.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
OSU should be forced to play. "Next man up".
VA Tech played several games down a bunch. OSU just don't wanna get beat like a drum.
I said before, nobody will beat bama this year. It is, what it is.
I detest both teams.
Oh, and OSU committing penalties won't be ignored against bama. Bama gets the calls

If OSU don't wanna play, replace them and remove from top 25. F 'em. Pick anybody that can play.
I'm all in on F osu as well.

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
Interesting. And stupid. Also, not surprising. This is the ncaa we’re talking about. Lol

Yeah, they said this year didn't count toward eligibility to keep it the same as those that opted out.
I don't think it'll ever happen again. Shouldn't have happened this year. IMO

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Interesting. And stupid. Also, not surprising. This is the ncaa we’re talking about. Lol
remember all the conferences that did not play and that free opt out card that all schools gave.
It was the safe option. :) Knowing some kids affected last spring and this fall I think it is fair. but i am biased.

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
I have absolutely no faith in the next QB up for the Tigers. Seen him. Flop.

I think he’s going to be really good. He’s in a great program with great coaching and a great environment. I liked what little I saw of him when Trevor was out. But I’m a unc fan, the thoughts of even having a chance at a “Clemson like season” is a wet dream.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Yep heisman winning isnt corelated to a long illustrious nfl career.
Tebow jumps out winning as a sophomore.

But i bet this year's winner does just fine. :)

dpc

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Yep heisman winning isnt corelated to a long illustrious nfl career.
Tebow jumps out winning as a sophomore.

But i bet this year's winner does just fine. :)

Looks like end of the road for him with Mets too, after their off season acquisitions.

There certainly has been some real flops. The RB out of OSU who might still be serving time comes to mind.

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns

Some schools only got to play 3 or 4 games after all the cancellations, etc. No sense in burning a year of eligibility on that. It's now going to be interesting to see how the NCAA handles the scholarship limit after all the players return for an extra year. This could have ramifications for many HS players if the NCAA messes this up.

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
Some schools only got to play 3 or 4 games after all the cancellations, etc. No sense in burning a year of eligibility on that. It's now going to be interesting to see how the NCAA handles the scholarship limit after all the players return for an extra year. This could have ramifications for many HS players if the NCAA messes this up.

Already seeing the effects of it on the recruiting trail in non revenue sports. They will be hit the worst. My nephew is a junior in HS and is already a D1 prospect. Had some schools asking him if he would take a gap year, and many schools are holding off on making committable offers until they see how the numbers work out. Tough time if you are a Junior or Senior in high school right now. Not many spots available.

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
Already seeing the effects of it on the recruiting trail in non revenue sports. They will be hit the worst. My nephew is a junior in HS and is already a D1 prospect. Had some schools asking him if he would take a gap year, and many schools are holding off on making committable offers until they see how the numbers work out. Tough time if you are a Junior or Senior in high school right now. Not many spots available.
Bingo. They need to bump scholarship limits immediately and then gradually phase them back to normal over a 5 yr span or so.

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
Bingo. They need to bump scholarship limits immediately and then gradually phase them back to normal over a 5 yr span or so.

While I agree 100% with your assessment, the non revenue sports will still suffer. There just isn't enough funding available to fund extra scholarships for 85% of these schools. All but a few operate with positive cash flow under normal circumstances. It sucks for many kids. My nephew as an example. He is already playing in tournaments and beating D1 college players as a 16 year old. Under normal circumstances, he would be getting many more opportunities/offers than he is.

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
While I agree 100% with your assessment, the non revenue sports will still suffer. There just isn't enough funding available to fund extra scholarships for 85% of these schools. All but a few operate with positive cash flow under normal circumstances. It sucks for many kids. My nephew as an example. He is already playing in tournaments and beating D1 college players as a 16 year old. Under normal circumstances, he would be getting many more opportunities/offers than he is.

No doubt but there wasn’t going to be an easy solution either way with the lost revenue from fall and winter sports. It’s going to be interesting to see what solutions will come of it.