ACC Football

lunker30

Twelve Pointer
Kentucky’s passing game was one of the worst in the nation, maybe dead last. I just wish none of the Heels had opted out, maybe would give them a better chance. Our best players are not even playing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right.

But they also were close to last in attempts per game.

Its kinda like saying Paul Johnson's Ga Southern and GT teams are horrible passing while rolling up 400 yards of rushing on you.

spoonriver

Floyd the Barber
Kind of like Baylor when they ran on UNC a few years ago. You knew it was coming... State has a lot of talent coming back next year. I can see them in the top 25.

Newsome Road

Ten Pointer
State was missing the best nose tackle in the league, 2 starting linebackers, and a safety that's best quality is coming up and punishing runners. Not a good thing when facing a team that you know is going to run the ball. But the defense played very respectable given those circumstances. My only real complaint with them were the multiple first downs they gave away with defensive offsides. I know they had at least 4, and two of them turned 3rd down stops into first downs.

Bam knight ran well. Hockman threw two head scratching interceptions and one really lucky touchdown.

But what really got them was the kicker. As a long time state fan, we have endured some years that we have been haunted by bad kickers. We finally have a really good kicker, he just didnt show up today. If he had hit the two field goals that he is normally automatic on, the game would have looked much different.

Newsome Road

Ten Pointer
The most alarming thing about the State game was the number of injuries and unsportsmanlike conduct penalties. It was a strange game to watch.

spoonriver

Floyd the Barber
Yeh, the starting center hurt his leg celebrating a TD. That’s twice Ive seen that happen to a player.

Newsome Road

Ten Pointer
That was wild and uncalled for, but other than killing the excitement and momentum, had very little impact on the outcome. But it was one of MANY injuries on both sides that made the game really drag out.

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
There’s no “I” in “team” but there is an “m”
and an “e”. Selfish. Me before team as usual with the Heels. Best bowl they’ve probably ever participated in and they squat.

I really like the statement about an "m" and an "e".
Never heard that before.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
so what happened to clemson? OSU that good? dabo losing coaches? Overconfidence?
Has the acc finally brought them down as well? 🤷‍♂️

lunker30

Twelve Pointer
so what happened to clemson? OSU that good? dabo losing coaches? Overconfidence?
Has the acc finally brought them down as well? 🤷‍♂️

Dabo gave OSU bulletin board material for extreme motivation.

Also, didn't think Clemson was as explosive on Offense this year against better teams. They lacked a true outside WR and Etienne did not produce like he did in previous years. I want to say his yards per carry was down over 2 yards per carry from previous years. They couldn't run the ball as well this year as they have done in past. I believe they averaged 75 yards less rushing per game that last year. Thats a significant drop off. Passing yards were up but ultimately you control a game running the ball.

They missed a Tee Higgins, Sammy Watkins, Deandre Hopkins, Mike Williams type this year.

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
Some just don't want to admit that Ohio St. is loaded with some of the best talent in this country and are one of the best teams that is capable of winning it all.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Some just don't want to admit that Ohio St. is loaded with some of the best talent in this country and are one of the best teams that is capable of winning it all.
i fall into that group. i feel that they backed into the fbs playing only a few games and hate like hell that a big ten team beat the acc. Dont care for their QB and dont like the bias for osu in the media.
Guilty as charged.

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
i fall into that group. i feel that they backed into the fbs playing only a few games and hate like hell that a big ten team beat the acc. Dont care for their QB and dont like the bias for osu in the media.
Guilty as charged.

Being a Penn State alumni, it's not that I have any love for Ohio State. I especially hate their "THE Ohio State" saying. But I do have to recognize that have some of the best talent on the field right now.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Being a Penn State alumni, it's not that I have any love for Ohio State. I especially hate their "THE Ohio State" saying. But I do have to recognize that have some of the best talent on the field right now.
well i do not.
denial is my fallback.
that's why i keep looking for non talent "reasons" why Clemson gagged. :)

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
Clemson was struggling on O line. Injury? Covid? I don't know. Their OC was not there, had a fill in.(Covid)
Don't matter. They lost.
If you want to know rhe rest, watch the game.
All you gotta do is watch the game.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
I predicted them making it as soon as started back up and their opt outs opted back in. Their QB I actually thought would win heisman then the season started and they did not look good not at all now they beat Clemson like that I don't know what to make of them. I'm hoping for emotional let down and bama doesn't just beat them but destroys them.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
and now alabama (well saban's daughter)is claiming OSU is using covid to delay Championship game so Fields can recover.
https://www.espn.com/college-footba...excuse-postpone-title-game-justin-fields-heal

Gotta love it.
Smart play on their part that QB was hurting through Clemson game and their secondary hasn't looked good and now for best part they'd be stupid to do it because BAMA best wide receiver is saying he is ready to play after being out since early Oct with ankle fracture and I did say best even though Devonta smith won heisman waddle coming into year was number one and even though he was out since 2nd game he was still their 2nd leading receiver going into game 8 think about that on 5wam that scored 35 or more for record number games. Bama defense isn't that good but if Waddle has time to get even more healthy OSU will be very sorry bama had 3 offense players top 5 heisman votes last night the or offense coulda made last years LSU look slow if woulda been full strength all year. Another reason OSU doesn't want to delay is Bama future NFL starting center is out why give his replacement more time get practice.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Smart play on their part that QB was hurting through Clemson game and their secondary hasn't looked good and now for best part they'd be stupid to do it because BAMA best wide receiver is saying he is ready to play after being out since early Oct with ankle fracture and I did say best even though Devonta smith won heisman waddle coming into year was number one and even though he was out since 2nd game he was still their 2nd leading receiver going into game 8 think about that on 5wam that scored 35 or more for record number games. Bama defense isn't that good but if Waddle has time to get even more healthy OSU will be very sorry bama had 3 offense players top 5 heisman votes last night the or offense coulda made last years LSU look slow if woulda been full strength all year. Another reason OSU doesn't want to delay is Bama future NFL starting center is out why give his replacement more time get practice.
i think that IF osu is delaying it's because they know that fields is their best hope. regardless of the bama side of the ball.

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
I predicted them making it as soon as started back up and their opt outs opted back in. Their QB I actually thought would win heisman then the season started and they did not look good not at all now they beat Clemson like that I don't know what to make of them. I'm hoping for emotional let down and bama doesn't just beat them but destroys them.

I don't like Ohio State but I dislike Alabama more. Overall, I hate that the championship game usually has Alabama as one of the teams playing. We need some variety.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
i think that IF osu is delaying it's because they know that fields is their best hope. regardless of the bama side of the ball.
I'd say your 100% correct he is their only hope he could run for 100 plus on subpar BAMA D if he is healthy but he'd have score 40 plus if Waddle is even 75% of himself along side Smith. OSU is good enough to slow one but 2 with Harris would not be close

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
I don't like Ohio State but I dislike Alabama more. Overall, I hate that the championship game usually has Alabama as one of the teams playing. We need some variety.
I totally agree a dynasty is ok to a point but it geys old fast. I really enjoyed following LSU last year especially when they beat BAMA. But as long as Saban is motivated the Tide aren't going anywhere. I'm all for an 8 game playoff give couple more teams chance get hot get upset in here and there

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
I'd say your 100% correct he is their only hope he could run for 100 plus on subpar BAMA D if he is healthy but he'd have score 40 plus if Waddle is even 75% of himself along side Smith. OSU is good enough to slow one but 2 with Harris would not be close
I am all in on "would not be close" :)

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
I was surprised Lawrence finished 2nd last night in hiesman Jones numbers this year were fairly close to Burrows last year and he ran away with it thought Lawrence was gonna be 3rd after missing them 2 games. I feel for him and his start to his pro career hope they get him some protection so don't end up like Burrow tough to be first pick except on the wallet

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
The positive is that he doesn't have the curse of the Heisman hanging over his head as he starts his NFL career.
i hate to admit my own bias on this but i fear Trevor never had a chance.
surely someone else has noticed the media's woke bias against "traditional" QBs.
If not go back and listen to the clemson 0su run up. Fields Fields Fields.
Just like it will be in the championship.
bamas "traditional" qb is as useless as Trevor in their eyes.

Last edited:
Reactions: dpc

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
surely someone else has noticed the media's woke bias against "traditional" QBs.
I will say this Jones ain't mobile that new center better keep him upright no Tua to come in out of the pen this time for Saban. I like Jones he probably won't do much pro but he waited his turn and when got it he came through same with Smith hard believe he was behind 3 NFL receivers on depth chart last year came back for senior year wins heisman. Wealth of riches the Tide have on O.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
So will he make good pro as thought? at one time I'd said sure thing but he hasn't looked like that freshman champion last 2 years in playoff games best thing can happen is good coach and better O line next year if they throw him in

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
So will he make good pro as thought? at one time I'd said sure thing but he hasn't looked like that freshman champion last 2 years in playoff games best thing can happen is good coach and better O line next year if they throw him in
i have no clue.. His style isnt in vogue. No more new Bradys gotta have a lamar jackson these days.