USPS

nettereo16

Six Pointer
They lost a shotgun barrel I purchased a few months ago... frustrating to say the least. They now deny any record of tracking and won't own up to it. Taxpayer dollars at work...

jcannon

Twelve Pointer
The worst is southern Florida, especially Miami. In the last 3 months everything I ship there takes forever and doesn't move for two weeks at a time.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
UPS has been the only one that does anything part way right.

Still waiting on several packages that showed out for delivery last week.
USPS hits us about 2 to 3 times a week at most.
Did not get delivery on Sat or Monday this week already. No clue if they will ever show up.

Tell you, fedex has problems. But one shipper Cabelas/Bass Screwup..... they are part of the problem. I hope they go under and someone that likes sporting goods picks Cabela's up after the sale. They shifted to Fedex only for shipping.
Ordered some sale items about 10 days back maybe 12 items all small.
They sent me 10 tracking numbers. Yep one order with 10 shipping packages. Just pure BS. Why screw the system.
If you ship to store it is the same. You got several phone calls and emails letting you know a package is there and will be returned in x days only to wait for all the others to show up for one trip. Just pure crap if you ask me.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Some of my parts suppliers use FedEx exclusively. If there’s an option, I will pay more to not have FedEx carry it.
FedEx ran into my house back in July. I happened to be there and saw the whole thing. The driver got out of the truck looked at the damage threw the package in my open garage and got in the truck and took off. I ran out and got in my truck and had to run him down. Took a while to catch him and my first question was "what were you thinking hitting my house and leaving"? His reply was I didn't know you were home. To which I replied you never came to the door. He just dropped his head. I asked him what he was going to do about it and he supposedly called his supervisor with me standing there and assured me someone would be in touch. I took pics of him, the truck number and the tag number.

When I hadn't been contacted by COB that day by FedEx I knew I had been lied to and started the task of actually talking to a human. That took several hours. I found out the guy hadn't reported it to his supervisor and he was actually a contractor. The next day his supervisor and another guy (who was in charge of contracting for this area) showed up and looked at at the damage and assured me a adjuster would be in touch soon.

Long story short it took many phone calls, threats and finally a letter from an attorney that is a friend and I was paid for the damage in Oct.

KrisB

Ten Pointer
I just got my absentee ballot in mail yesterday. Been in Greensboro for over a month

A similar thing happened to my sister in Germany in the 2016 election. She got her absentee ballot plenty early, filled it out, and sent it back in plenty of time, but it was never received and counted. This year, oddly enough, everything went fine and her ballot was received and counted.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Lot people ordering online fear of virus plus so so many people can't hire enough help and now toss in holiday season. I'd hate know number of people shipping presents to others because not gathering/traveling this year my guess its gonna get lot worse

JoeSam1975

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I’ve not had that big of a problem with usps, but if I have one more FedEx package stuck in Kernersville, I’m going to burn that place to the ground so they have to do something differently.

Fedex is the worst ever! I guess I am lucky as I have not had any problems with USPS. UPS just doesn't like driving up my driveway and leaves my packages under my in-laws carport at the end of our driveway (finally got that taken care of).

Don't get me started on the Amazon Prime contract drivers!!!!

Zach's Grandpa

Old Mossy Horns
Last year I did some work for the group that logs and assess the FedX accidents or as they call them incidents. They average 300 plus per day of these incidents nationwide. Everything from wrecks to property damage. Reading the reports of what the driver said happened is hilarious. Almost all drivers are working for a contractor.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
the mail man came in last week with a package strapped to the top of his station wagon rig.
It was our package a mirrored jewelry cabinet for a child. It was delivered on time though. Just tore all to heck. :eek:

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
the mail man came in last week with a package strapped to the top of his station wagon rig.
It was our package a mirrored jewelry cabinet for a child. It was delivered on time though. Just tore all to heck. :eek:
He gonna have invest in larger vehicle or trailer. Wonder why they didn't have you pick up at post office

mdunker

Ten Pointer
Go knock on the door of the postmaster general. He lives in Irving Park in Greensboro. He is one of the main reasons there are issues.

I had two packages I sent this month priority mail that showed up 2-3 weeks after I sent them. Ridiculous.

roundball

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
FedEx has been the absolute worst for us.
Have lived at this address for 40 years, address #'s on both sides of the mailbox, and knock on wood, USPS & UPS have been very reliable all those days / all those years.

But FedEx routinely has delivery problems...current one is:
Received a text just before Thanksgiving that a package had been delivered.
Didn't happen...we were here all day, plus security cameras recorded nothing.
Called FedEx, they opened a case, gave me a case #.
Heard nothing back from FedEx.
Fast forward through Thanksgiving to Sunday, another resident in the subdivision stopped by with my package.
Still haven't heard a thing from FedEx.

Happens about once a month...

HotSoup

Old Mossy Horns
FedEx has been the absolute worst for us.
Have lived at this address for 40 years, address #'s on both sides of the mailbox, and knock on wood, USPS & UPS have been very reliable all those days / all those years.

But FedEx routinely has delivery problems...current one is:
Received a text just before Thanksgiving that a package had been delivered.
Didn't happen...we were here all day, plus security cameras recorded nothing.
Called FedEx, they opened a case, gave me a case #.
Heard nothing back from FedEx.
Fast forward through Thanksgiving to Sunday, another resident in the subdivision stopped by with my package.
Still haven't heard a thing from FedEx.

Happens about once a month...

Same thing last week.....I CRINGE when I get a tracking number from Fedex

CarolinaReaper

USPS is a total mess. The warehouse I work in is partnered with them and we struggle to keep basic supplies like trays and sleeves on hand weekly. FedEx is the worst in my opinion. With ups being the best option overall.

@jenkinsnb

made me think of this guy reading you’re post.😂😂

50E2E9D3-6E2F-4DE3-83A5-482364ABE79C.gif

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
Don’t get me started. I don’t have a mailbox but I do have numbers on my house. Last house on my street.

Package 1: undeliverable, pick up at carrier
Next day I get package 2 with package 1 rubberband to it.
Package 3 undeliverable, pick up at carrier.
I go to pick it up and ask

Me-“why they can’t deliver? Seeing as how the damn mail lady turns around in my driveway. I’ve got numbers on my house”.
USPS- “Without a mailbox you’re not assuming delivery”
Me- “I’m the last house on the street, past the pavement, where do I put my mailbox?”
USPS- “I’ll have your carrier mark it with a green flag“
Me- “ok. Sounds good! Thanks...”

4 days of mail delivery since then and I haven’t seen a flag yet, and yet another tracking update on package 4 that says “held at carrier facility per customers request” WTF???

I get a new amazon delivery person every day. Google says my street connects to the next road over and it doesn’t. These idiots come flying down the road then realize it dead ends on me. They can’t back for a damn, and I have reflectors to help me see my driveway when I back out in the AM or at night, and the dumb sons of bitches ran one of my reflectors over and got temporarily high standard on some large rocks I also placed as a guide along the drive...... 🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️

timber

Twelve Pointer
Just from what I see here UPS seems have a lot better quality drivers than the others now. USPS use to but have lowered there standards just to get enough help to deliver the mail. To me FedEx is the bottom of the bucket. From a lot of FedEx I have seen don’t think they have enough since to pour water out of a boot.