Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
59 to 53 over Wake Forest....
Worse D ever in UNC history.
Maybe next year will be the year:cautious:
I said that about State College in 2018 too

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
The shoot out is coming Nov 27th and very possible turnovers will decide since neither will likely puntšŸ˜

Reactions: jug

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
yep that UNC O is incredible............they just have to get the D better. It doesn' have to be a great D with the points they can score but it needs to be better. Sam Howell is a beast and for sure is the 2nd best QB in the league.
UNC is the State Champion.
best ever in your opinion? Offense?

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Needing 28 points in 4th to squeak by Wake is not good they gave up 45 to state few weeks ago. Needing that is 4th to win puts you one late game turnover from a loss

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Needing 28 points in 4th to squeak by Wake is not good they gave up 45 to state few weeks ago. Needing that is 4th to win puts you one late game turnover from a loss
any of our north carolina college teams should never look a win with what ifs. they are too scarce for our teams. :)
anyone that thinks unc has a defense is delusional. but they have won more than they lost which is all you can expect in CH.
Or from any NC college team. We just dont have the hs talent available to really compete. apparently. Nothing else explains the horrid state of NC college football.

shotgunner

Ten Pointer
any of our north carolina college teams should never look a win with what ifs. they are too scarce for our teams. :)
anyone that thinks unc has a defense is delusional. but they have won more than they lost which is all you can expect in CH.
Or from any NC college team. We just dont have the hs talent available to really compete. apparently. Nothing else explains the horrid state of NC college football.
I agree totally. Not sure we could combine all the teams in NC and have a real football team. I love my Wolfpack but I watch the SEC to enjoy football. Oh, and yeah the Clemson-Notre Dame game was a good one.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
I don't see NC as horrid UNC should get decent bowl and app st holds their own most years state is 5-3 That's respectable for year that doesn't have much cupcakes sched in see whatvtjey do with Liberty. That's decent year most everyone can't be contender for playoffs a solid year is fine by me

lunker30

Twelve Pointer

I'll chime in on this.

North Carolina has PLENTY of high school talent. The top players get cherry picked from Clemson, South Carolina, Tennessee, and other programs.

In 2018, the Bleacher Report ranked the State of NC as being the 5th best talent producer.

In the last 10 years, 9 of the 10 top ranked players in the State went out of state to play.

Bryce Love, last years Heisman runner up from Stanford, is a North Carolina native.

Plenty of talent in the State of NC.

Will Shipley - with all his family ties to NC State, chose Clemson.

Ask Clemson if there is any talent in NC. They recruit North Carolina very hard.

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
NC has plenty of talent but unfortunately Georgia Florida and SC have hell of alot more talent.
That NC high school talent does not want to play in NC and I don't blame them. NC is a friggin joke.
But hey we got B Ball.
:rolleyes:

shotgunner

Ten Pointer
I don't see NC as horrid UNC should get decent bowl and app st holds their own most years state is 5-3 That's respectable for year that doesn't have much cupcakes sched in see whatvtjey do with Liberty. That's decent year most everyone can't be contender for playoffs a solid year is fine by me

This year is not turning out to bad for the Wolfpack. I think we are ahead of schedule as far as rebuilding in the fans eyes. ECU is struggling to say the least. APP seems to be decent. Wake is, well Wake. They probably do more with less than any other school I know. Unless UNC knocks of Notre Dame they are probably looking at a disappointing season compared to expectations leading into the season. I guess one of my issues is that we are the worse performing STATE as a whole compared to all those around us. When you look at our neighboring states we have the poorest football tradition by far. I just wish we were at least comparable to our neighbors.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
This year is not turning out to bad for the Wolfpack. I think we are ahead of schedule as far as rebuilding in the fans eyes. ECU is struggling to say the least. APP seems to be decent. Wake is, well Wake. They probably do more with less than any other school I know. Unless UNC knocks of Notre Dame they are probably looking at a disappointing season compared to expectations leading into the season. I guess one of my issues is that we are the worse performing STATE as a whole compared to all those around us. When you look at our neighboring states we have the poorest football tradition by far. I just wish we were at least comparable to our neighbors.
Some states are just basketball states look at my old Kentucky team they got less chance than UNC to get in a chanpionship game always suck but hey its almost hoop time. And as far as UNC being disappointment due to expectations that depends on who's they are exactly what I knew they would be a nice average team that's having a Good year over all a year 50 other teams would like to have

shotgunner

Ten Pointer
I did not mean that as a slam on UNC. All our in state teams have traditionally underachieved in my opinion. They started the year with many projecting them as a team that would compete for the ACC title game. They loose to 2 teams with loosing records. To me this is typical of teams from our state. Then look at the states around us.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
I did not mean that as a slam on UNC. All our in state teams have traditionally underachieved in my opinion. They started the year with many projecting them as a team that would compete for the ACC title game. They loose to 2 teams with loosing records. To me this is typical of teams from our state. Then look at the states around us.
When i look at the states around us all i see now that are worth a hoot is clemson and GA. But your point is a good one.
We have so many fbs schools and so little talent to support the 8-9 programs ( what little we have goes to the big dogs) that it's impossible to make the jump to big time.
All any of them can hope for is to beat each other and keep a coach's job.
and dont look now but as soon as roy and k leave the state's bbal goes to the dogs as well. Unc already got there last year.
Poor times in NC college sports. As bad as it ever has been.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Well SC would like be doing as Well as NC school this year see their coach is finally gone long time coming IMO never was fan of his or had any confidence he would do well there

shotgunner

Ten Pointer
When i look at the states around us all i see now that are worth a hoot is clemson and GA. But your point is a good one.
We have so many fbs schools and so little talent to support the 8-9 programs ( what little we have goes to the big dogs) that it's impossible to make the jump to big time.
All any of them can hope for is to beat each other and keep a coach's job.
and dont look now but as soon as roy and k leave the state's bbal goes to the dogs as well. Unc already got there last year.
Poor times in NC college sports. As bad as it ever has been.

But if you look at the last 20 or 30 years................................the Hokies were an elite team for a period of time and until recently a regular top 25 team, Yes Clemson has reached the glass ceiling and busted through but they were a perennial top 25 even before that, Georgia consistently top 25, Tennessee was a top 25 and even top 10 for several years and then there is North Carolina. We have not had a school to show the ability to be and maintain a top 25 program in ........................well EVER.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
But if you look at the last 20 or 30 years................................the Hokies were an elite team for a period of time and until recently a regular top 25 team, Yes Clemson has reached the glass ceiling and busted through but they were a perennial top 25 even before that, Georgia consistently top 25, Tennessee was a top 25 and even top 10 for several years and then there is North Carolina. We have not had a school to show the ability to be and maintain a top 25 program in ........................well EVER.
never has ; never will. no talent pool big enough to support it. otherwise by now somebody woulda broke thru.
how is it that florida can take a junior college like ucf and compete? talent pure and simple.

shotgunner

Ten Pointer
never has ; never will. no talent pool big enough to support it. otherwise by now somebody woulda broke thru.
how is it that florida can take a junior college like ucf and compete? talent pure and simple.

The problem is so many schools. When we all divide the talent up we end up with a bunch of mediocre teams. Same thing is now happening in the state of Florida. Gators, Canes, and Noles used to get all that talent. Now you have UCF, USF and a bunch of other schools with Florida ties (Buckeyes, Tide, A&M......etc) spreading that talent thin. I have always said schools like LSU, Nebraska, Wisconsin, have a huge advantage when they are the only big "sports" school in a state.

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
The problem is so many schools. When we all divide the talent up we end up with a bunch of mediocre teams. Same thing is now happening in the state of Florida. Gators, Canes, and Noles used to get all that talent. Now you have UCF, USF and a bunch of other schools with Florida ties (Buckeyes, Tide, A&M......etc) spreading that talent thin. I have always said schools like LSU, Nebraska, Wisconsin, have a huge advantage when they are the only big "sports" school in a state.

Winner winner, you hit the nail on the head. We have plenty of talent here but i Have said it before is our talent gets spread out too much across the MANY schools we have.

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
If unc ch can't be relevant in football, then I don't think any other school in NC has a prayer at legitimacy. Nobody has more cash, more influence, or balls than ch. If they can't do it, it ain't gonna happen for a NC school.

shotgunner

Ten Pointer
Not sure the commitment is there. I think they will always be a basketball 1st school. Not too many schools are relevant in multiple "revenue" sports. You have: Duke, Kentucky, UNC, UCLA(down for now), Gonzaga, Indiana, as your basketball schools. Their football teams sort of come and go. Then you have: Bama, Clemson, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Oregon, Ohio State, Georgia as your football schools. Again, their basketball teams sort of come and go. Not sure why you can't do both but it sure seems almost impossible to do.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
well if the talent pool was big enough.... it's chicken qnd egg stuff. too many teams not enough talent not enough talent too many teams.
but yeah that's the point i was making we suck because there is not enough talent in the state to support the fbs programs we have.
whether we are ranked 5th or 50th there isnt enough.
every new coach that comes in decides they are going to focus on the in state talent.
How's that went for the past 100 yrs?

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
I'm really interested if App st can pull off upset Sat I think they can win that game not their best team but I'll say them by 4.