Persimmon pulper?

hunthard2

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Anyone know where I can get one? I used to help my papa turn many a persimmon in his but when he passed my aunt too it. I’ve recently come across a persimmon tree I can gather from and I’d love to make some pudding

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
We have a couple of things that the wife has used for extracting juice and pulp from fruits like wild grapes and persimmons but I can't find one like it on the net. The main one is aluminum and looks like an ice cream cone with holes in it and uses a wooden pestal. The other is called a Foley Food Mill. Either of these what you are looking?

hunthard2

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
We have a couple of things that the wife has used for extracting juice and pulp from fruits like wild grapes and persimmons but I can't find one like it on the net. The main one is aluminum and looks like an ice cream cone with holes in it and uses a wooden pestal. The other is called a Foley Food Mill. Either of these what you are looking?

You don’t know how tickled I am to know we were using a food mill and I can buy one easily. Looks to be exactly what I need! Thank you for replying sir!

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
Glad I could help. I know I had seen some on Ebay for about $35. Good luck and enjoy the pudding. And since you are in the process, may as well make some cake as well.

timber

Twelve Pointer
Agri supply has something that might work. I got one several years ago to run tomatoes through. Said could run other fruit through it

Ramblin Man

Four Pointer
Anyone know where I can get one? I used to help my papa turn many a persimmon in his but when he passed my aunt too it. I’ve recently come across a persimmon tree I can gather from and I’d love to make some pudding

Burney Hardware Aberdeen

7mm-08

Twelve Pointer
I’m not a persimmon pudding fan, but I make apple butter/apple sauce with a Folly Food Mill.

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
Yeah bw..... you know I just call them like I see them but my eyes ain't what they used to be. That thing that darkthirty posted is the other one the wife has but I'm not sure what size the holes are. She probably uses that one for the muscadines and the Foley for the persimmons. I just eat whatever comes out.