10-17 Live

CAP305

Six Pointer
Up high on a ridge in Uwharrie since 6:30. Beautiful morning but the weatherman lied about the temps. Not even close to low 40s as predicted. Saw several does feeding on the drive here so hopefully the deer are gonna move a bit this morning

buckman84

Eight Pointer
Deer are definitely on the move. Seen several this morning heading to work, one nice shooter buck. Too bad I'm stuck at work. It'll be warmer my next two days off. Good luck and stay safe!

Going Coastal

Eight Pointer
Got down to look at my doe and ran across the schrooms.
Anyone ID them??
fd114e09d0f74dc54e8f1d5c643d1966.jpg
e68ae438453776abfc83cf2f5fa426d9.jpg
2942c75595ba52fad727e9c8bbe57cd5.jpg
823695b88fc7d17ec8fada27ff58262d.jpg

Sent from my LGL164VL using Tapatalk

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Busted by small 8 point..no idea how? Another doe came same trail and spent time here.
White oak acorns raining down.
Beautiful, cold morning.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
S
Up high on a ridge in Uwharrie since 6:30. Beautiful morning but the weatherman lied about the temps. Not even close to low 40s as predicted. Saw several does feeding on the drive here so hopefully the deer are gonna move a bit this morning
same here. I’m just NE of Uwharrie and it wasn’t as cold as expected. I think the cloud cover early in the evening kept it a little warmer.

getting ready to climb down now. Skunked. Cookout this evening means I am done for the day. What a beautiful day though.

gremcat

Twelve Pointer
Went out in NEPA to fill my one doe tag and hopefully attract a bear to a gut pile. Arrowed a bear at 8am. Ran up a tree 30’ then fell in a heap. 40 yd shot, small boar maybe 150-175 lbs. Not the 500 + everyone has seen on porches, etc. but came from the den where last years buck got stolen by a small bear.

Had one monster around all spring. Got poached one rd back and cleared 600. Left him in the road dead. I get not wanting to have that hanging around your kids and a neighbor even lost an older lab to one but that’s what they trap and relocate for.

Anyway, super excited, first bear with archery and first bear in 18 years. Waiting on DNR to come clear it then I’ll post pics.

I joked I’d get a first day buck, bear, and steelhead. Only lacking the steelhead and head to Pulaski/Salmon River Wed. Great season that’s over to soon. I’ve got a doe tag so might get to use my flintlock too.

DNR has to come check it out and see kill site. Just gotta keep it cold until they show. Heading for 3 hours since I called. I know they are busy and probably short staffed but I can only gut and still have to hike them in to show them the kill site. 45 degrees right now and warming. I’m happy it wasn’t the 5-600 lbs bear. I’ve no idea how I’d get one out on these cliffs.

gremcat

Twelve Pointer
Landed next to a large square boulder. Should’ve gotten a pic then. Hide was really nice but I hosed it off since the exit side was bloody. I’m the only one home besides my 3 youngest and 95 lbs wife or I’d put it in the yard at least. Not sure what the DNR/Bio will want but tailgate seems easiest.AD23E7BE-D827-4FAE-B62F-B5AA1AE611AF.jpeg6E4A51C8-2739-4CA5-A168-AB15CA223E4B.jpeg

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
Went out in NEPA to fill my one doe tag and hopefully attract a bear to a gut pile. Arrowed a bear at 8am. Ran up a tree 30’ then fell in a heap. 40 yd shot, small boar maybe 150-175 lbs. Not the 500 + everyone has seen on porches, etc. but came from the den where last years buck got stolen by a small bear.

Had one monster around all spring. Got poached one rd back and cleared 600. Left him in the road dead. I get not wanting to have that hanging around your kids and a neighbor even lost an older lab to one but that’s what they trap and relocate for.

Anyway, super excited, first bear with archery and first bear in 18 years. Waiting on DNR to come clear it then I’ll post pics.

I joked I’d get a first day buck, bear, and steelhead. Only lacking the steelhead and head to Pulaski/Salmon River Wed. Great season that’s over to soon. I’ve got a doe tag so might get to use my flintlock too.

DNR has to come check it out and see kill site. Just gotta keep it cold until they show. Heading for 3 hours since I called. I know they are busy and probably short staffed but I can only gut and still have to hike them in to show them the kill site. 45 degrees right now and warming. I’m happy it wasn’t the 5-600 lbs bear. I’ve no idea how I’d get one out on these cliffs.

Big congrats Gremcat ! Pretty Bear ! Buck and Bear already !!
Getting it done !!!(y)(y)(y)

CAP305

Six Pointer
So on my way back to the truck I decided to stop my bike and quickly scout an area I pass by on my way to my usual areas. tight packed scrub pine mixed with a whole bunch of random trees on a lower finger off the main ridge. I got about 50 yards from the access trail and hear one deer crash down the hill and a younger buck, 6 pt maybe, gets up out of his bed and bounds away. Found this 2.5' long rub right near the bed. In the words of Don't Call Me Francis from Stripes.....YOU just made the list. I'll be back for an early hunt sometime this week when it's cold to see if I can catch em getting back to bed.20201017_110745.jpg

gremcat

Twelve Pointer
Pretty cool, the officer responding knew the bear. He tagged it this summer because someone in the estates wanted it gone because it had “Mange” AkA kept raiding her garbage so euthanize it. The officer had tagged it and turned it loose. Guessing they use a big trap or something to get them.