Feeder Kit

HotSoup

Old Mossy Horns
Anybody make their own? I have some plastic barrels and are thinking about making one. What spinner do you use?

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
I've used my own plastic barrel with moulrtie spinner put up in tree due to bears works well and cheap barrels were free spinners I found for 20 bucks piece

Wildlifer

Old Mossy Horns
id get a different one. Thats the same motor that comes on their collapsible 5 gallon bucket feeder. It runs off AA batteries that dont last very long. I was also not very impressed with the power of the motor, basically just falls out.

greenoakl

Six Pointer
Moultrie seems to be hit and miss some work ok some don’t. I use spincast have a couple that have been running pretty much non stop for 8 or 9 years. They cost more but they last.

Crestliner

Six Pointer
We got tired of bears tearing up the feeders and dealing with batteries or solar panels.

I found this feeder head on Amazon as an open box for $45. Not sure if you want to go the way of gravity feeder.

Attachments

• PXL_20201002_200719925.jpg
    PXL_20201002_200719925.jpg
    292.6 KB · Views: 13

ellwoodjake

Twelve Pointer
We got tired of bears tearing up the feeders and dealing with batteries or solar panels.

I found this feeder head on Amazon as an open box for $45. Not sure if you want to go the way of gravity feeder.
So, what keeps bears from tearing up this feeder?

Crestliner

Six Pointer
So, what keeps bears from tearing up this feeder?
This the same feeder head that is on the buck boss gravity feeders. The bears have pushed the buck boss feeder we use over, but have yet to tear them up like the spin feeders. We just lose the corn.

ellwoodjake

Twelve Pointer
This the same feeder head that is on the buck boss gravity feeders. The bears have pushed the buck boss feeder we use over, but have yet to tear them up like the spin feeders. We just lose the corn.
And they don't rip it apart, looking for more corn?

Billy

Twelve Pointer
Contributor

HotSoup

Old Mossy Horns
I know others reported problems with this feeder, but I've been perfectly satisfied with mine. I have two of them and have a friend that's been using one for years. Mine spins the corn perfectly and the batteries last all season. I don't want anything better. I actually like the fact that it uses 4 AA batteries instead of that big 6 volt thing.

I'm guessing you use lithium batteries?

Billy

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I do now, but the alkalines were working fine. I think I got a bad batch of Duracell batteries and it cost me a couple of cameras and a cell cameral simm card. I've switched to Eveready lithium. They cost more but last longer and are guaranteed to not leak.