Cam to New England

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
I didnt think Bellicheck would want him but looks like I was wrong.
I hope he does well there and can stay healthy.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I didnt think Bellicheck would want him but looks like I was wrong.
I hope he does well there and can stay healthy.

Look at what coach did with a 6th round draft pick out of Michigan ..... i expect big things with signing ;)

Papa_Smurf

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I firmly believe it was time for Carolina to let them go, and would have done it earlier than they did. However, I don't hate the guy and hope he does well there, maybe a couple hundred yards and a TD or 2 per game. That said, i hope the patriots lose every game.

nchunter

Twelve Pointer
db92ba22124315c5f2dba01ba0d246f1.jpg

Just saw his press conference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ABolt

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
This is going to be interesting - a generally disliked black QB following the most beloved QB in NFL history, playing in the most racist sports town in the country...

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Look at what coach did with a 6th round draft pick out of Michigan ..... i expect big things with signing ;)
I think it'll depend on his health if he is good I'd say you just might be right he could get some real use out of him

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Will be fun to watch his interactions with Bill. On the surface his inability to be accurate on short passes does not fit into the Patriot way of playing.. guess they will try to run him downhill a lot and not care one bit about his long term durability.

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
If Cam starts and sucks it up he won't last long, if he plays well and they win Bellicheck won't care what Cam does.

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
I'm no football guru, but the biggest difference I see between Brady and Newton is the mental aspect. Brady never quits. Cam quits often. Makes a gigantic difference when you are the leader of your team. Both mental aspects are a direct result of overall team attitude and effort.

Reactions: BVB

Ol Copper

Twelve Pointer
Not much guaranteed money in the contract, it's mostly incentive based. If he wants the big pay he'll have to show big play. Doubt it happens.

JONOV

Old Mossy Horns
I heard rumors of him going to NE but didn't think it would happen. He wont last long Belichick wont put up with his BS!
Honestly from what I've heard he's not the type that causes problems among coaches and Cam is respected by his teammates. His public image and attitude with the media is what's garbage. He's a sore loser, in part because he's a competitor. I've seen him be a combative jerk with the press, but I've seen the same with Aaron Rogers and other elite QB's.

If you've ever seen a press conference with Belichik, I'd say they're peas in a pod in that regard.

And in any case, Belichick has been known to take Divas and win with them, Randy Moss as an easy example.

Cam's a proven winner, if he can stay healthy. It's a big if but the COVID lockdowns have probably done him a favor in allowing him to recover.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Honestly from what I've heard he's not the type that causes problems among coaches and Cam is respected by his teammates. His public image and attitude with the media is what's garbage. He's a sore loser, in part because he's a competitor. I've seen him be a combative jerk with the press, but I've seen the same with Aaron Rogers and other elite QB's.

If you've ever seen a press conference with Belichik, I'd say they're peas in a pod in that regard.

And in any case, Belichick has been known to take Divas and win with them, Randy Moss as an easy example.

Cam's a proven winner, if he can stay healthy. It's a big if but the COVID lockdowns have probably done him a favor in allowing him to recover.
He's screwed starting tackle opted out as well as 2 top defensive players and that's before practice has even really started. My guess even if he has gotten healthy he won't stay that way for long

ABolt

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
None of it matters. Without an NBA-style 'bubble', there is no way that there is an NFL season this Fall.

Baseball is not a contact sport, and yet an entire MLB team is already cancelling games...

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
So we had some folks here that were supposedly panther fans until cam, and were big NE fans with brady.

Are yall off the NE train now that cam is there?
Also on the NE front I saw they have the most players opting out this year so far, six I believe.
I guess we gonna see just how great of a coach BB is.

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
So we had some folks here that were supposedly panther fans until cam, and were big NE fans with brady.

Also on the NE front I saw they have the most players opting out this year so far, six I believe.
I was a Panthers fan before, during and now after Newton.
I have lost interest in the NFL due to the political crap going on with it. I use to keep up with everything in football but I honestly haven't watched or read anything about it in at least 2 months....except for here[emoji14]

Unless something changes I will just keep up with the scores on my phone but not watch.
With all that said I hope Newton the best in New England.

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor

was a panthers fan before Scam, will be again now he is gone.

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
Panthers fan before, during and after Cam.

I dont understand how you can quit being a fan of a team due to one person.
Im sure if you looked up all 52 players there would be some you hate just as much as someone who done something in college you didnt like.

JONOV

Old Mossy Horns
Cam threw for 397 yards yesterday, rushed for 47 more. NE lost but that says more about their defense than Cam/the offense.

Last week he threw for 155 but rushed for 75. 2 rushing touchdowns each game, too.

Same old Cam in the press conferences, only now he dresses like someone's eccentric Great Aunt. If you look at a transcript of what he says, he actually is a LOT like Bill Belichik in what he says and how he interacts with the press.

It's early, but I think the most important thing to remember is that Bill Belichik knows what he's doing.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
same old cam will fold when the good times cease. lose a few get dinged.
he'll be whiney baby. he cant help it.
but he has played fine for two weeks.