Anybody planting yet???

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
Planted some Plotspike Forage Feast in the rain and threw out a little more clover in my clover plot,it looks like its making a comeback since being mowed.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

Reactions: jug

buckshooter

Old Mossy Horns
Got all 4 of my plots disced last week. Gonna hit them all one more time next Thursday and hopefully get them all in by noonish on Saturday the 19th.

Planting oats in one , then a fall mix containing wheat , radish , turnips , crimson clover in 2 , then I’m gonna give something new a try , Whitetail Institute Ambush. It has sweet lupines , and sugar beets along with some other forage.

We’ll see.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I planted yesterday. It was rough. I started discing and got about 1/4 of the way through when our light sprinkle turned into a steady rain then an outright downpour. I parked the tractor and jumped into a nearby box blind, and sat it out for over an hour while it dumped about 1" of rain. Everything was flooded, the creek rose out of it's banks behind me, and I couldn't have driven out if I wanted to. I was soaked.

Once the rain stopped, I took a walk to assess the damage, and then decided to move to some spots on higher ground. Just got started back and noticed one of the Ubolts on the disc lost it's nuts. :( Walk all the way back to the truck and drive to town to buy some nuts.

I got it all done, but it took me until dark, and some of it is a sloppy mess. The wetter spots are probably going to struggle. It went from dry to flooded in about an hour and a half.

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
I planted yesterday. It was rough. I started discing and got about 1/4 of the way through when our light sprinkle turned into a steady rain then an outright downpour. I parked the tractor and jumped into a nearby box blind, and sat it out for over an hour while it dumped about 1" of rain. Everything was flooded, the creek rose out of it's banks behind me, and I couldn't have driven out if I wanted to. I was soaked.

Once the rain stopped, I took a walk to assess the damage, and then decided to move to some spots on higher ground. Just got started back and noticed one of the Ubolts on the disc lost it's nuts. :( Walk all the way back to the truck and drive to town to buy some nuts.

I got it all done, but it took me until dark, and some of it is a sloppy mess. The wetter spots are probably going to struggle. It went from dry to flooded in about an hour and a half.
Sounds like our planting experiences this year BUT it all seems to have done pretty well coming up so far

Deep River

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I still have a acre of clover, about two acres of oats and a smidge of alfalfa left to plant. May be a while before I get it in. It is getting too dry.

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
Planted this last Monday in Moore. Wheat and a bag of some type of fall mix I had on hand. Looking good for a week old plot. I didn't check the other two plots planted last week. They should be ok as the soil at them holds water better than this powerline does. The oaks along the powerline have a good amount of acorns on them and there are three well used crossings on this powerline.

<>< Fish

fP6MqTI.jpg

Stix11

Spike
Brassica and chicory plot coming in well. Lots of big turnip and radish in there. The first time I've used the no till method. Very happy with how it's coming in

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200917-094732.png
    Screenshot_20200917-094732.png
    1 MB · Views: 28

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
Brassica and chicory plot coming in well. Lots of big turnip and radish in there. The first time I've used the no till method. Very happy with how it's coming in

Looks good.....how did you do the no till method?
I broadcasted some seed after mowing and roundup but it doesnt look to good to me after 10days, maybe it will come on in the next couple weeks.

Stix11

Spike
Looks good.....how did you do the no till method?
I broadcasted some seed after mowing and roundup but it doesnt look to good to me after 10days, maybe it will come on in the next couple weeks.

This one I got best results in I sprayed once in June, mowed after it killed and then sprayed again in July and seeded then. This worked well bc there was excellent ground cover and it all got killed with 2 separate sprays

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
This is why we plant the mix we plant... will almost sprout anywhere and deer love it

Ps This is spiker/cultipacker that got muddy and picked up seed. Still sprouts D1ED9C8A-1B1B-428E-986C-509B0E485EEE.jpeg

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
^^^^^ Those plots look good...when did you plant?

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Rockingham County clear-cut plots are still a little behind but should peak when blackpowder season comes in20201017_133842.jpg20201017_133412.jpg20201017_133407.jpg20201017_133231.jpg

Last edited: