Space X Dragon starts Return to Earth.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Was listening for an hour. I hate it for those astronauts. The undocking takes HOURS of minuscule movements or pressure changes (boring), followed by hours of seemingly slow movement towards the deorbit burn (boring), followed eventually by minutes of re entry (probably the most terrifying any planned success mission that's out there?).

And they are supposed to SLEEP in between?!?!?!

I couldn't!

Can't wait to watch splashdown!

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
I wonder if I'm the only nerd watching close enough to see the guy on the left using both hands to hit the bottom of the panel in front of him in an effort that seemed to me to be similar to smacking the back of your old tv, then trying to push buttons again on that panel, then the shot cut away lol.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
I showed the MRS, she says they were told to "use and bump their hands and fingers" so I guess it was normal. She watches way more TV than I do. Seems to me like the guy on the left doesn't like the way the gloves fit.

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
Just found an article because someone thought it was photoshop. The headline read "Boater with Trump flag accused of endangering SpaceX astronauts". I guess if it had been a BLM or a rainbow flag it would have read "BLM and LGBTQ? support and honor SpaceX astronauts on their return".

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Just found an article because someone thought it was photoshop. The headline read "Boater with Trump flag accused of endangering SpaceX astronauts". I guess if it had been a BLM or a rainbow flag it would have read "BLM and LGBTQ? support and honor SpaceX astronauts on their return".

Yes of course...no mention of the 30-40 other boats in the area.

Uwharrieman

Ten Pointer
My wife and I enjoyed the splashdown, reminded us of the old days when they all espaliered down.
Pin point accuracy was impressive, and recovery time amazing. well done.

Now, missed seeing the big Navy aircraft carriers there and helicopters hoovering over the downed capsule,
and frogmen jumping out to check condition of astronauts, then giving the "thumb-up" for us to see.
Missed seeing the capsule picked up and put down on one of the carrier's deck, but times change.
Going from an aircraft carrier to a bass boat, seemed to have worked.

A cousin of mine was in Navy 1966-70 stationed in San Diego California was assigned to a carrier.
He was on several capsule recovery missions in those four years.

His carrier picked up one of the Gemini crews and sat them on the deck.
He said everyone on carriers that went out got a patch from NASA on the mission for being involved in
the recovery, even if they weren't on the one that picked it up. Always thought that was pretty cool.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Unrelated, local news ran a report last evening regarding how well the pull behind 5th wheels or campers or $250K motohome sales were doing. So the local news went to a local place. Dude buying one was interviewed, proudly sporting a rather nice Trump 2020 KAG hat. I could not BELIEVE they showed it without blurring int on WRAL! !

We didn't see the bumrush onto the capsule, but we did watch with the nieces and all I heard was "this is boring...this is boring...then the chutes opened and they were like "WOW!"....then this is boring....then splashdown".

Good time, lol

Attachments

• Niece Splashdown.jpg
    Niece Splashdown.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 13