Teachers don't want to teach!

Ridgeline66

Ten Pointer
Contributor
NYT report that teachers don't want to teach in class or online, basically a percentage of "teachers" want to get paid to do nothing.
I don't have to wonder why some kids turn out the way they do, but I do think that this comes from the same cities that have the issues of being dimocrat ruled for decade's....reap what you sow.

Cyperry

Ten Pointer
Contributor
There are lazy people in every profession. I’ve watched people get paid for doing nothing my whole life in a variety of different fields. We’re not all like that, and it’s not exclusive to teaching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Teachers and others can see that this whole thing is a sham, both parties attempt at buying votes by paying people not to work. It's just been exponentially increased with the excuse of this virus, and can now affect those that DID work at one time or another.

seedrooster

Eight Pointer
Teachers are one of the screwed over in this society. Like every other profession or people there’s good and bad in the crowd, BUT most teachers are NOT in it for the money. They are trying to help our children become good adults . I don’t think any of the teachers around here are wanting this crap to continue. Most want things to be back to normal .

I agree if you don’t won’t to work , find something else to do .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

timber

Twelve Pointer
I think its alot more than just the teachers union not wanting to work. Have seen teachers giving interviews on the local tv stations that were against schools reopening. No doubt there are a number of teachers that care about there job and are ready to work. But i think there is a large number satisfied to sit home as long as they get a pay check. It should be more about the kids instead of teachers. If a teacher is older or has health isuues they could find a way to work with them without shutting the schools down. But like alot of decisions being made state wide its about votes in November

willb

Eight Pointer
oh, its not just the teachers. that is half the population that wants that.
its called food stamps and well fare. why work when you can sit on your butt and get paid?

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I agree. It’s not unique to teachers. When workers can get paid while staying home, even if work is involved, they will push to remain at home. That includes playing the Fear card.

The solution is much simpler than we’ve made it. Quit paying people to stay home. If you test positive you get 2 weeks paid leave. Everyone else: show up and get paid or stay home without pay. Your choice.

And for goodness sakes Congress, quit robbing the taxpayer to write checks for America’s staycation.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I do find it rather hypocritical that teachers will go to the grocery store, Wal-Mart, the doctor, and fill up with gas on the way to the beach, but it’s not safe for them to go back to work. :rolleyes:
I guess their safety means more than all of the workers who couldn’t quit and stay home.

dlbaile

Ten Pointer
I really am not getting the whole teacher thing, they have had more raises in the last 4 years than any other state employee and i would assume any non state employee, I've got neighbors around me that were in no hurry to go back to work drawing
$ 900.00 a week from unemployment ,there maximum and $600.00 from the government, I have never made $900.00 a week working my :donk off everyday , so why would they want to go back to work or any one for that matter. Don't get me wrong I appreciate the teaching community as much as anyone ,but like everyone else they chose the profession.

THHEAT

Twelve Pointer
Of the 50 some teachers at the school i work at only 3 filled out saying they wanted to do online only the others want to go back face to face. of the 3 two are in a high risk catagory.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Dr office was talking now they are more opened and running wide open....
All the front desk people that were cut back or laid-off will not come back to work.
They called and sent notice that if they did not return their paperwork would show termination due to failing to show for work.

They want to be paid extra, paid under the table or any way they can to keep getting the free hand out and not work.

That is the problem with free handouts. People start getting them then they don't want to work.
And yep they are going to extend it more letting people sit on their azz and do nothing all at the tax payers expense. .

Bunch of sorry free loading people.
And yep hear the same from teachers that want to strike, not work, want to get paid extra for less work.....

All BS.

Sad there are so many free loaders around.

Greg

Old Mossy Horns
I work for a public school system. I don't know any teachers that don't want to go back 100% Plan A.
I'm guessing it's a function of the county you're in and the local politics. There are A LOT of teachers in Orange County that are vocal about NOT wanting to do "face-to-face" teaching. This may all have it's roots in election day and MAIL-IN voting, though.