New AgriSupply Store

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Just a heads up for those of you in the area - there's a new AgriSupply store that opened today in Monroe. I called the main office today, and they tipped me off about the store opening. I guess they haven't advertised it, but it's a great store. It's big. There's some good stuff in there - I especially like all of the cooking items. They've got plenty of implements on the lot too. For those who do much tractor work, it's a valuable resource. I ran down there and picked up a rotary mower I've been wanting for a couple of years, and found a dozen other small things I "needed". Snagged quite a few freebies on the way out the door too - visors (I chose the purple and gold), notepads, linch pins - I'm even governor approved now...

D12202F5-EE09-434B-B6FF-DDCF2E9E3446.jpeg

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
now I'm surrounded,,,one in Lumberton and one in Monroe,,,,both about equal distance I guess,,,maybe lumberton is closer.,,,

bigten

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I'll be heading there today since I had yesterday already planned before I found out they opened. Stopped by last week hoping they were... will be closer for me than Lumberton or Florence. It'll probably hurt my bank account by having one that close..

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
All farm stores suck... my wallet dry.

I like going to the stores but I don't get to them often. I think I've been to the Garner location half a dozen times. I order parts from time to time and they have been great for that. Shipping costs suck but I don't always have time to drive and it ends up being about even on fuel plus time and wear. I overnight some spreader parts once. I think I paid around $80 and the parts were like $24.

nckeith

Ten Pointer
Funny i was across the street at ford getting an inspection and service on my wifes vehicle and I was wondering if it was finally open. Good to know.
Only thing thats somewhat odd is they are about 10 years too late to the area. In another 10 years there wont be any large tracts left in the area.

QuietButDeadly

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I like the store but the locations suck for me. Garner is the only one even reasonable distance wise but a royal pain to get to. Not worth it unless I need something pretty major. or something I can not find closer to home.

jbaldwin

Six Pointer
Love some Agrisupply. Was in the Greenville store yesterday. Had to pick up Keultavator bar for Cub tractor to get ready for fall garden if this Hurricane don't set in.....

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
That is good, I despise going to Garner.

I've never been to the Garner store, but I've ordered quite a few things in the past. Including a couple items that came on big trucks. I was thinking about driving down there yesterday when the office told me they had a brand new store that had just opened hours before.

Funny i was across the street at ford getting an inspection and service on my wifes vehicle and I was wondering if it was finally open. Good to know.
Only thing thats somewhat odd is they are about 10 years too late to the area. In another 10 years there wont be any large tracts left in the area.

They are a little late to the show, but they are serving a much wider area than just Union county. I drove about 45 minutes to get there. There's a lot of potential customers in the surrounding counties, even if Union fills up with suburbs. In my case, shipping was significant, so AgriSupply's customers probably drive a little further than average.

Last edited:

newdeerhunter011

Eight Pointer
Love that store too. Always go there for the better price on generic roundup instead of tractor supply

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mekanizm

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I have ordered stuff from them but have never been in one but this one is right at walking distance for me. Last Saturday I drove though the parking lot and saw they were not open. I'll check it out this Saturday for sure.

josh

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I’ve only been once, at the one in lumberton several years ago, all the tools were locked behind cages and it was just awkward to browse.

TheCloudX

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Thanks for the heads up. That's only a few miles from where I work. May need to stop by on the way home.

timber

Twelve Pointer
I usually go one in Greenville or Petersburg Va. The one in Va probably does a lot more business with home owners than it does farmers. Don’t think ever been there and it want a line around the lawn mower help desk. Never been in one where noticed the tools in cages. Lumberton must be a tough place to have a business

Nana

Big Ole Nanny
Contributor
One of my favorite rainy winter day activities is to browse around in AgriSupply. Cool stuff. Just bought an oyster steamer rig there.

Rescue44

Old Mossy Horns
aw come on,,,Lumberton ain't that bad,,,,,,well,,,maybe
Robeson county in general, I guess. Put batteries in tractor in the morning, take them out when finished. Just bought 2...thieves don't leave a core($22 each. Replacing 2 stolen several years ago). A few years ago, a guy driving a tractor was picked up for lunch. When he was taken back, weights were gone from front of tractor. A 245+ hp tractor so it was around 2000 pounds. Another few years ago...think it was Robeson county, if not it was neighbouring...man was cutting beans late at night..rain in forecast. Filled up 18 wheeler then the combine. Went to 18 wheeler and it was gone. The truck was found some time later on side of road. The "nice" tires and rims were replaced by a partial set of not so nice tires and rims. Of course, beans had been unloaded. Sorry for hijack...

timber

Twelve Pointer
When i worked for the DOC had right many there where i worked get free room and board from the state from down around Lumberton . A lot of the said they were indians. Not sure if any of them were kin but alot had same last names

josh

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
When i worked for the DOC had right many there where i worked get free room and board from the state from down around Lumberton . A lot of the said they were indians. Not sure if any of them were kin but alot had same last names
I worked construction a few years in Fayetteville with several from the Lumbee tribe, they have had a rough go at it even being recognized by the government as indigenous apparently was tough. I met some of the best people in my life that were Lumbee

Blackwater

Twelve Pointer
There are at least a dozen family names in the area which comprise a large part of the NA population, other less common names comprise the remainder.

Blackwater

Twelve Pointer
I worked construction a few years in Fayetteville with several from the Lumbee tribe, they have had a rough go at it even being recognized by the government as indigenous apparently was tough. I met some of the best people in my life that were Lumbee
As we say down there, I grew up amongst them, neighbors on 3 sides and all around the area. As a boy I played, fished and worked with neighboring Indian boys and or cousins for that was the way it was in parts of rural Robeson. We went to their churches on invitation, ate with them, buried their dead while grieving with them and even though we went to separate school systems we were just neighbors and friends. Isn't that the way it's supposed to be?

Sorry for leading the thread astray.

Rescue44

Old Mossy Horns
Something I just read...often hear about Robeson county being the poorest county. The last sentence in my quote stuck out in the article. I've heard that before, too.

"In 2015, Robeson County had the highest poverty rate in North Carolina, with 32 percent of its population living below the poverty line. It also had the highest rate of violent crime."