Uwharrie turkeys officially extinct !

Lucky Clucker

Old Mossy Horns
In da woods.lol Had a great and lucky season.Hunted hard Evey time I got to go.I knew where these birds were and hoped the last one was still alive yesterday.I had not hunted him since the first week as work and other places.and hunters all.over he went silent after the second day and was not sures he was dead. I found his tracks where he walk and got him to gobble at 125. He was dead at 130. Had a Jake with him so I known there will be another left in there.Just been lucky and found him in the right mood.when they silent over there they don't study a call if he gobbling you good.

Lucky Clucker

Old Mossy Horns
In da woods.lol Had a great and lucky season.Hunted hard Evey time I got to go.I knew where these birds were and hoped the last one was still alive yesterday.I had not hunted him since the first week as work and other places.and hunters all.over he went silent after the second day and was not sures he was dead. I found his tracks where he walk and got him to gobble at 125. He was dead at 130. Had a Jake with him so I known there will be another left in there.Just been lucky and found him in the right mood.when they silent over there they don't study a call if he gobbling you good.

nchawkeye

Old Mossy Horns
I know a place in the Uwharrie where the birds fly down, quit gobbling until about 2:00...It got to where I would sleep in and go over there about 1:00...After all the other hunters had left... :)

Lucky Clucker

Old Mossy Horns
I know a place in the Uwharrie where the birds fly down, quit gobbling until about 2:00...It got to where I would sleep in and go over there about 1:00...After all the other hunters had left... :)
Yes those birds get hammered.hunters and hikers campers etc. They always seeing somebody or hearing them.The silent ones have been able to survive long enough to breed and all.I have killed alot of the loud mouths over there but they don't live long enough to breed and mostly 2 year olds. Been hunting it since 93 . Hopefully the Jake recruitment will help out next year and a good hatch for this spring..A friend found a dead hen yesterday. If I were a new comer or new to the areas without prior knowledge of the turkey and where they stay and walk I'm sure I would not have been able to get on them.