Dare County No Access ........

timber

Twelve Pointer
From someone i talk to that lives in Dare slamming the door shut to the county hasnt really helped keep the shelves stocked. Seems foodlions and other stores outside of Dare Co are lot better stocked than ones at the beach right now.

HotSoup

Old Mossy Horns
From someone i talk to that lives in Dare slamming the door shut to the county hasnt really helped keep the shelves stocked. Seems foodlions and other stores outside of Dare Co are lot better stocked than ones at the beach right now.

I thought the closure was about the flu.....not the food?

timber

Twelve Pointer
The virus was probably main reason but heard alot compaints about visitors or tourists ever what you want to call them buying up everything in grocery stores and locals not being able get what they need

Reactions: RJ1

darenative

Twelve Pointer
^^ there was some of that happening too.
I saw a couple of out of town panic buyers with 5 damn carts of groceries. Said they drove in from richmond va to get groceries and supplies because their stores were cleaned out.

Scrub

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
If the property you want to fish or hunt is in mainland dare county you can get to it. If its on one of the islands, nope you're out of luck.
This is standard procedure for our county for hurricanes also.
I'm not aware of any county under martial law, dare county isn't.

I own a house there, donā€™t rent it, live about 4 months a year in it. Pay taxes on it like anyone else and I canā€™t go to my property....itā€™s total :donk:donk:donk:donk:donk:donk:donk:donk in my opinion.

darenative

Twelve Pointer
I own a house there, donā€™t rent it, live about 4 months a year in it. Pay taxes on it like anyone else and I canā€™t go to my property....itā€™s total :donk:donk:donk:donk:donk:donk:donk:donk in my opinion.
I agree. Change your county of residence on you DL if you feel like you need access 100% of the time.

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
I agree. Change your county of residence on you DL if you feel like you need access 100% of the time.

I know someone whoā€™s family owns a house in Dare, not a primary residence. Thatā€™s what their college age kid did. Guess whoā€™s online school only the rest of the year and loves to drum/cobia fish. Cheating the system on a pro level! I was proud of him.

darenative

Twelve Pointer
I know someone whoā€™s family owns a house in Dare, not a primary residence. Thatā€™s what their college age kid did. Guess whoā€™s online school only the rest of the year and loves to drum/cobia fish. Cheating the system on a pro level! I was proud of him.
šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ as long as we dont run out of fuel in the county we're going fishing.
We are back to our roots as a community, a drinking village with a fishing problem

Wanchese

Twelve Pointer
They must be charging the tanker truck to cross the bridges. Plenty of gas, $0.40 a gallon more than everywhere north and west us.

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I thought you were just a medical expert.?Now we find out you have a law degree too. That's amazing.

Iā€™m not a medical expert. Iā€™m a degreed EHS professional with 4 national certifications. That means I know very little about medical endeavors, but probably a :donk:donk:donk:donk-ton more than most posting about health/safety and this virus.

To address your other half of your horse :donk:donk:donk:donk response, you donā€™t have to be a lawyer to know when itā€™s wrong that a private landowner is singled out from entering HIS property.....in favor of one who lives in a certain county. It adds insult to injury when they do so..... and flippantly brag about it.

I personally hope it bites you ā€œlocalsā€ in the ass. But, Iā€™m no lawyer. Itā€™s just a wish of mine.

FireDuck401

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Iā€™m not a medical expert. Iā€™m a degreed EHS professional with 4 national certifications. That means I know very little about medical endeavors, but probably a :donk:donk:donk:donk-ton more than most posting about health/safety and this virus.

To address your other half of your horse :donk:donk:donk:donk response, you donā€™t have to be a lawyer to know when itā€™s wrong that a private landowner is singled out from entering HIS property.....in favor of one who lives in a certain county. It adds insult to injury when they do so..... and flippantly brag about it.

I personally hope it bites you ā€œlocalsā€ in the ass. But, Iā€™m no lawyer. Itā€™s just a wish of mine.
80751E9A-804D-466C-841E-08191082FFC7.jpeg

FireDuck401

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Tense? Hell no. I just think pissing on landowners ā€˜ rights should bother all of us.

lol. Just messing.
I am a big advocate for landowners rights as well.
Iā€™ve been seeing the ā€œdrinking community with a fishing problem for yearsā€ though, I think it was made in jest partly.

Wanchese

Twelve Pointer
Just saw a news article that says Dare County has it's first positive test come back but it won't show up as Dare County because the person that was tested has a non-Dare County address.

darenative

Twelve Pointer
Just saw a news article that says Dare County has it's first positive test come back but it won't show up as Dare County because the person that was tested has a non-Dare County address.
Can't say im shocked given the amount of visitors on the islands.

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
I will note that there seems to be a correlation between posters calling other posters "medical experts" as sarcastic comments and that same person posting exact words Trump is speaking. Last I saw, Trump does not have a medical degree.

Last edited: