2020 predictions?

DOEKILLER

Eight Pointer
How y’all think this season will pan out.... we sure had a heck of one last year the population has exploded last couple years eastern NC.... what’s new for y’all anybody got any new turkey gear this year? The fevers eating me up already and I can’t wait to get back in the swamp after them! Good luck to all this season take a kid with ya!

Jrbrandt25

Ten Pointer
Contributor
My predictions are I'll see more deer then ever and the Turkey I do see will be 200 yards away laughing at me

wolfman

Old Mossy Horns
I'll make my personal prediction after I see if I got any permit draws.

I think the overall season will be close to last year's harvest but I expect a bump in 2021 based on this most recent hatch.

JoeSam1975

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
LOTS of turkeys and LOTS of shooting!!

Edit:: I am glad spring break is the first week of Turkey Season😀😀

Last edited:

josh

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
East better due to turkey population increase

Piedmont below average or same due to human population increase /hunter increase/ habitat reduction.

West same or hopefully better dependent on local brood success

There’s a couple public tracts I’d like to revisit and get after em, I won’t mention the names though :censored:

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
I saw yet another Flock this morning 10 miles from where us saw the flock yesterday

Rowan county seems to be increasing over my observations over the years

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
How y’all think this season will pan out.... we sure had a heck of one last year the population has exploded last couple years eastern NC.... what’s new for y’all anybody got any new turkey gear this year? The fevers eating me up already and I can’t wait to get back in the swamp after them! Good luck to all this season take a kid with ya!
Record harvest this year for the state.
Incredible record harvest next year.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Once again had to look up food mentioned here y'all eat lot fancy food😁 so a schnitzel is like chicken fried steak sounds like turkey breast would make good one.

DOEKILLER

Eight Pointer
I predict frustration, struggle, sleep deprivation, burning legs, depleted bank account, cold shoulder from the wife for 2 months, cuss words, but most of all I predict FUN and great memories made. Can't wait.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Well hell I’d say it’s a good thing I’m used to every one of those things..... except misquotes.....

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
Yeah my wife has always been a Rut widow BUT she isn’t too keen on being a Soring turkey widow also.

All well, she can have the other few months of the year

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Once again had to look up food mentioned here y'all eat lot fancy food😁 so a schnitzel is like chicken fried steak sounds like turkey breast would make good one.

it's in the recipe section,,,,goes great with mushroom gravy (heck, any gravy) as well

KrisB

Ten Pointer
I will trade a turkey hunt for a fresh loaf of baked bread,,,,

I predict I will be giving Woodmoose a loaf of my homemade baked bread in exchange for a turkey hunt. :LOL:

I hope I'll get my first turkey this season, but if not, I know I will have some fun adventures!

Aaron H

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
IMG_0200.jpg I am SO looking forward to the spring season! I have 2 new places to hunt that have turkeys and I am very ready to get after them. I love to hear those first limb gobbles of the morning and I am really ready for that.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
One factor on 2020 harvest could be Easter falling on the first weekend. Youths may have the week before off school to hunt making for a load of youth kills. Even more than normal.
With a load of jakes for them it could be an exciting week. :)

brownisdown

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
One factor on 2020 harvest could be Easter falling on the first weekend. Youths may have the week before off school to hunt making for a load of youth kills. Even more than normal.
With a load of jakes for them it could be an exciting week. :)
Thats the plan for this young man.
d86248d2e7742c74e536ec08b9235554.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk