Pigs in Stokes???

sheltod2

Four Pointer
I was driving back from a wrestling tournament at South Stokes on Saturday. Drove by a field and saw 4 or 5 pigs. Looked more slender and lean than normal domesticated hogs. Has anyone seen them up this way?

Im thinking just farmer pigs got out but who knows!

ncscrubmaster

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Well if there out it’s just a matter of time. Went to dump brush at my neighbors yesterday and he had pigs running everywhere that were out. Don’t take long.

smith-n-stokes

Old Mossy Horns
I hope not... I haven’t heard about any. How far from South Stokes did you see them?

Sent from wherever I was at the time...

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
We ran into them in Scotland where we had never seen them before. And these were the real thing.

Panthera

Eight Pointer
Used to see a few on North Friendship Road in King when delivering up there. Saw five back in June.

Panthera

Eight Pointer
Used to see them about 1/2 mile or so up from the intersection with Mountainview road. Did not get pics,, I was working training a new driver.

DFisher

Eight Pointer
See pic, fall of 2018, Johnson Road in King. The story: man that lives near me has a brother that lives in SC, where they trapped three and brought to Stokes. The were in a pen for awhile until a flood washed out the fence. They got them back in once, but they got out again. They rambled the area for a couple weeks until a neighbor took them out. So not the average wild pig story, but one that shows how they can spread. Second pic shows what they did to my yard.

Attachments

• pigs in stokes.jpg
    pigs in stokes.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 36
  • pig damage.jpg
    pig damage.jpg
    342.9 KB · Views: 37