REWARD FOR INFO ON TRAIL CAMERA THIEF-CASWELL COUNTY

ncscrubmaster

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I can not help you on your camera but I feel your pain. Been there done that. Checked pawn shops in the area for weeks with no luck. Hit me and took camera and stands. Still makes my blood boil and it’s been several years. If the person walked up today and said yes I did it he would never see another sunrise. Good luck

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
With that little of info I doubt you'll have much luck even with more still be like needle in haystack unfortunately. I always winder what these s cum does with stolen cameras use them or sell them. I do hate a trespassing thief I sure hope you catch a break

wncdeerhunter

Old Mossy Horns
I can not help you on your camera but I feel your pain. Been there done that. Checked pawn shops in the area for weeks with no luck. Hit me and took camera and stands. Still makes my blood boil and it’s been several years. If the person walked up today and said yes I did it he would never see another sunrise. Good luck
Good grief......

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
That is extreme he could just be venting due to multiple times robbed at least I hope. I would imagine it gets pretty frustrating from my undrstanding these people rarely get prosecuted and if even get ticket most property never returned a shame really

ncscrubmaster

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Trust me once you been hit you dont forget. I might have been a little rough but it will boil your blood. Like all of you I get up and go to work everyday. It's not for fun or health it's for money. When I spend it on something and that's stolen to hell with that. This was on my family farm land so no question about it being my property. Real simple if it's not yours dont touch it.

dlbaile

Ten Pointer
Sad Fact but it's more than likely our own hunting community doing it to each other,which is not taken litely by many a hunter which has had equipment stolen out of the woods, me included.

Winnie 70

Ten Pointer
I had one sit in my stand one time, and when I went to hunt it there was candy wrapper/bottle left in the stand. I walked all way back to my truck that morning and wrote out a note and taped it to seat in the stand. Here is what it said....The next time you get in this stand I hope you read this note.....give you something to think about. I will hope that it is my day, because if it is my day I will be very close by as you come down this ladder, and when your foot touches that last step, you will pile up right there and then you will just disappear from the face of this earth....don't believe it and you want to try it again, go ahead, maby it will be your day, but sooner or later I will be out there waiting for you to put your foot on that last step......never saw sign of him, but he did read that note.

Dan Apple

Old Mossy Horns
That sucks... I've had em stolen too....

I have always suspected that the camera thieves usually don't steal the camera because they necessarily wanted it... I think they were trespassing and knew they were busted (because you know them)... so they swiped the evidence.

Winnie 70

Ten Pointer
That sucks... I've had em stolen too....

I have always suspected that the camera thieves usually don't steal the camera because they necessarily wanted it... I think they were trespassing and knew they were busted (because you know them)... so they swiped the evidence.

Dan Apple

Old Mossy Horns
They could at least just took the chip and softened the blow for the guy...but a thief is always a thief in any situation they encounter.

True.... but to be honest,,, I've had the card stolen too and it makes you just as mad..... It's not just the card or camera they are stealing..... it's the experience, the solitude, and a week or two worth of hopes and dreams....

Winnie 70

Ten Pointer
True Dan, but chip cheap compared to cameras and I agree would hate to catch one stealing anything I own because am afraid something bad could happen....I know what I could have done with him and it not pretty.

30/06

Twelve Pointer
First trail camera I ever owned, first time I put it out it was stolen before I even had a chance to check the film (this was a while ago). Also in Caswell county. Hate a thief! Sad times we live in and theft gets worse around the holidays.

UpATree

Ten Pointer
Contributor
For me, it's not so much the loss of possessions, it's the loss of a sense of security. I spend a lot of time on my land and I feel comfortable, safe and alone out there. Sure, I usually have a gun with me, but then, I have that same gun when I'm in Wal-Mart. In August, my cameras picked up a guy on an ATV riding my roads. I hadn't had a trespasser on my cameras in at least four years. It was a little unnerving. I haven't seen him since, but now I keep a couple of cameras pointing at access points and find that I take the keys out of the truck when I'm hiking to the other side of the property.

nontypical

Ten Pointer
Summit Sniper?
I think it was called cobra or king cobra. The rest could fold up behind your head for open bow hunting. Then I would lay the rest in my lap and use for gun rest for rifle. I was pissed for years. I’m over it now. But I would be tempted to steal it back if I new where it was👍

SharpShooter

Ten Pointer
Put a dead camera back in the same spot take an 8’ ladder and put another camera up high watching the bait. Remove ladder and check card when bait camera is gone. People at local stores seem to know everyone in the area. Good luck.

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
Knock on wood...I haven't had one stolen but I have had someone that hunts the same farm as me take the chip out and delete some pictures.
I could only assume it was because he either killed something in front of it or drug one by that he didnt want me to see.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk