Ever buy fish to stock pond?

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Hatcheries only run their trucks for a few months in the spring usually. If you're wanting them outside of Mar-May, you're gonna either have to drive to them or find another source. The two I've used are Carolina Hatchery and Southeast pond stocking.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Hatcheries only run their trucks for a few months in the spring usually. If you're wanting them outside of Mar-May, you're gonna either have to drive to them or find another source. The two I've used are Carolina Hatchery and Southeast pond stocking.
Driving is not a problem. Easier to go pick up 200 to 300 fish and use for that trip freeze rest for next trips or hold in tank.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
How about you Use spotted bass from gaston for Buggs island catfish beasts.
Dump the remainders after fishing in the lake. Please. :)

JONOV

Old Mossy Horns
So I can run around with 20 live 10" bass to use for bait?
Just show him a pc of paper that shows I paid for them....
Interesting question...I can run around with 100 dead quail if I have a receipt that says I shot them at a preserve.

In all seriousness I'd first get my pond/tank established. The first one in Sampson looks like it would be your best solution.

stiab

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Foster Pond Management in Raleigh will have them several months of the year, and the "fish truck" goes to most Tractor Supply stores on a regular basis. The stores can tell you when.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Foster Pond Management in Raleigh will have them several months of the year, and the "fish truck" goes to most Tractor Supply stores on a regular basis. The stores can tell you when.
Thanks.
I sent a few emails but not got anything back.
Will start calling tomorrow and see if I can get contact and information.

Not sure of the laws but if legal I would buy and pick up within reason from Raleigh if someone has a child that wants to have a side job. Always willing to help the young ones where I can.

stiab

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I sent a few emails but not got anything back.
Just looked on my phone and Foster's is 919-772-8548, down White Oak Rd, (IIRC), a few miles from Cabelas. "Fish Truck" is 910-253-7880 and I think they come up from the Whiteville area.

thandy

Ten Pointer
We bought some trout years ago for a small pond. We also kept bait fish in a freezer on the creek bank. Put a pipe in the water and brought it in one end the another pipe going out the other side. Worked great until the creek flooded and washed it away.