Boneless deer ribs

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
So wanted to mess with deer ribs again

NC passed the law were no bones come from SC (and elsewhere) so these are boneless ribs

seasoned with a jalapeño rub i have then cooked in the pressure cooker at high for 22 Minutes. Initial taste test was thumbs up. Then put bbq sauce on and grilled for a bit. Ate it with kimchi as i had a hankerin for it

I liked it

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Looks good had look kimchi up as well I'd put hurting on them ribs but you can keep the other. That is good way to stay in compliance and get good meal.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I've heard it goes well with balut....but the smell always turned me away from the jarred stuff. There was a local restaurant owned by a retired AF colonel in Callaway, FL that had delicious kimchi and it was spicy to the max. Being open air and in a bowl it didn't knock you down when it was served like the canned stuff does.

Blackwater

Twelve Pointer
searched all over Fayetteville for what I liked best,,,lady on Hope Mills road with a tiny store has the best in town,,,buy it by the large jar (80 oz pickle jar)
East side of CLT on Independence (74) is a large Asian supermarket (Super G) which has a small Korean cafe in the back corner along with a pretty good dumpling vendor and Mexican bakery. We meet our daughter there at least once a month for lunch and to stock up on our Asian supplies. You never saw so many brands of ramen and so much of it. They also carry some other nationalities; Polish, Eastern European, Baltic States, Italian, Mexican, extensive produce section which even has longans on occasion, and a pretty good fish market in the back, the dominant smell as you walk into the door. A lady who is one of the principals in the cafe calls my wife Momma and always brings her food out to her, the rest of us peons have to go up to the counter to get ours. They have some of the best kimchi I've ever eaten.

kilerhamilton

Old Mossy Horns
I’m ignorant to the topic, how do you get the meat from around the bone?
I’ve pressure cooked the whole rack and removed the ribs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I’m ignorant to the topic, how do you get the meat from around the bone?

most of the meat comes off if you run a knife (I use a filet knife) down one side, across, back up the other, and then across - if I think of it, I'll make a video next time - if I ever kill another deer (sorry hunter that I am!!)