Been involved in situations where it was close, but folks it is a damn deer......................................

Longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Gonna be hard to figure who's at fault when half of the witnesses to the argument are dead....

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Gonna be hard to figure who's at fault when half of the witnesses to the argument are dead....
That was exactly what I thought when I saw no charges had been filed at this time. How convenient one side of the story was going to be untold.

aya28ga

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
It's hard to believe that people let themselves get so worked up over something that in the big scheme of things, is so trivial.

And what exactly was the dispute about? That's the question I have.

Ridgeline66

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I shot a small 8 about 10 years ago and when i was loading him on truck neighbor came over and said he had been feeding THAT deer, he knew because that was HIS corn was coming out of him, also he said i was hunting across the LINE and he defined that as the creek, the line was 200 yds PAST the creek, I told him it looked like MY corn and he was trespassing and he needed to get back on his side, all over a deer. 😐

Bailey Boat

Twelve Pointer
I was on a piece of Alcoa land around Tuckertown one afternoon squirrel hunting and when I came out of the woods across the road from 3 pick ups there were 4 guys arguing like hell over a deer in the back of one of the trucks. 2 of the guys said they shot it but it ran off and the other 2 guys claiming they had shot it and it fell where it was shot. By the tone of their voices and the posturing I quickly put my stuff in the truck and suddenly hear my Grandmother calling me to get my azz home RIGHT NOW, so I booked and didn't look back..... All over a deer.....

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Maybe i am reading it wrong but Seems From the article it was about the hunting lease not necessarily a deer

maybe somebody got all bowed up about trespassers?

sad sad thing

josh

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Ridiculous, rifle season is a circus here.

No need for someone to lose their life over a deer or lease dispute,” it’s just a damn deer “ is 100% right

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Maybe i am reading it wrong but Seems From the article it was about the hunting lease not necessarily a deer

maybe somebody got all bowed up about trespassers?

sad sad thing
I omitted the fact that it was sent to me by a local friend from up there, it was over deer hunting. It was in his community.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Lot crazy in world seen big disputes on public over turkeys its easier to walk away on public. when you get into private land or lease disputes its tougher to walk especially when emotions run high people loose their good sense. sometimes you just gotta know when to walk and handle it little later when your thinking straight main reason for that is you could screw yourself by getting into it when you ain't thinking straight my life ain't worth a deer or lease I like to come home to my family. With that said I ain't bout to be run over I'll just handle it smarter

MoBucks

Old Mossy Horns
The situation is almost always either elevated or completely extinguished when everyone has a gun.... folks get hot and heavy and next thing you know they are pointing guns at each other.... word to the wise (or unwise) if I have a gun.... don’t point one at me. If I don’t have a gun and you point one at me.... don’t ever let me see you without that gun again. Not saying that’s what happened here but I’ve seen it.... folks arguing like hell...over hunting ....drawing down on each other .... luckily both were bluffing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I don’t think it’s ever worth what has happened to those two.

Guys posting above have great points regarding private land. Plenty of folks trespassing. You tell them to leave and they won’t or don’t. Call the police and are told it’s a wildlife issue. Call wildlife and it’s a police issue.

I’ve sent pictures of vehicles and license plates in of folks actively trespassing....only to be told similar to what is mentioned above.

I am all for our officers....but they are stretched very thin.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
When I was a kid I was hunting near Pineapple Alabama as a guest stander on a deer drive and while waiting on the drivers to get started a had a funky 6 point and a couple of does slip by getting away from the commotion. I shot the buck and one of the does with my old 12 gauge using single 0 buckshot. The doe fell where I shot and the buck ran into the holler leaving a heck of a blood trail.
I drug the doe to the road and went after the buck, which I soon found , but so did a grown man..another guest stander who walked into my area when he heard me shoot and obviously stumbled onto my deer.
Instead of helping me, he claimed he shot the deer with the 30/30 he was carrying. Of course there had been no shot except mine before the drive started.
The guy got mad when the hunt leader called him out on his bs and he cut the head off the deer, threw it into the bed of his truck and left. I got the meat but for a teenage kid it's all about the horns.
I've never again had a problem with someone claiming one of a deer I'd shot, but have heard of many instances where a deer caused many a hard feeling.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Hard feelings can be caused for sure never lease with someone unless y'all on same page nothing sillier than people fighting over whether a buck was big enough shoulda had that clear from start. I've also been in club where guy was plum jealous over a buck I'm thinking to myself need take that skirt off and put your britches on. Lot silliness and especially if around bunch thin skinned people

Soilman

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I just don't get why anyone would want horns off a deer that they KNOW someone else shot.
I've had to live under someone else's "rules" my whole life, since they owned the land or lease. I now have a piece of land to hunt that I make the rules on! However, I have no intention of getting into a shooting dispute with someone over land or a deer. There are other ways to handle disputes of that nature.

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
Not just deer hunting. Anything in life anymore. Small minded people try to deprive others of something, just because the small minded person finds something "offensive".
And the PC crap crowd has to jump in because its on bookface, twatter, and whatever else is out there.

Reactions: DRS

perfectroadglide

Ten Pointer
I heard of a argument between two hunters over a deer that both hunters swore they shot. Game Warden was called to settle the dispute. Both told where they shot the deer, over half mile from the trucks. Both admitted to shooting but neither had tagged the deer. Warden confiscated the deer and wrote citations to both for moving the deer without tagging it.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
When I was a kid I was hunting near Pineapple Alabama as a guest stander on a deer drive and while waiting on the drivers to get started a had a funky 6 point and a couple of does slip by getting away from the commotion. I shot the buck and one of the does with my old 12 gauge using single 0 buckshot. The doe fell where I shot and the buck ran into the holler leaving a heck of a blood trail.
I drug the doe to the road and went after the buck, which I soon found , but so did a grown man..another guest stander who walked into my area when he heard me shoot and obviously stumbled onto my deer.
Instead of helping me, he claimed he shot the deer with the 30/30 he was carrying. Of course there had been no shot except mine before the drive started.
The guy got mad when the hunt leader called him out on his bs and he cut the head off the deer, threw it into the bed of his truck and left. I got the meat but for a teenage kid it's all about the horns.
I've never again had a problem with someone claiming one of a deer I'd shot, but have heard of many instances where a deer caused many a hard feeling.
I would have offered him the head and help cut it off......
With buck shot. Them horns would have been so busted up.....

I have helped many a people or tracked deer only to kill them my self.
The deer would have died long and slow death but would have died.
My feel is I was just helping and no claim to meat or horns.
No reason for this horn crap and all the fuss and fights.

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
Heck, I've seen guys argue, scream at one another, and cut each other off at the boat ramp.
Just to go out on the lake to hunt ducks, all piled up on top of one another.
A zoo.

Sp8

Ten Pointer
Had a cousin shoot one last year and bumped him while tracking it. Deer crossed over to the neighbors. He called neighbor he agreed to let him look for the deer the following day around lunch and said he'd help him look. Next morning neighbor came by my cousin shop had the buck in the back of his truck and claimed he found him and finished him off and since he made the "kill" shot thought it was only fair that he keep the buck. Some words were said but cousin just let it go and told him to never ask him for anything again.

aya28ga

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Anyone heard any updates about this? The way I read the original story, the man and woman killed had the same last name and approximately the same age, so I'm assuming they were husband and wife.
I'd just like to know what the reason for this really was; an argument about a deer, or lease rights? I'd almost bet it's been a long-term, ongoing dispute.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk