2019/20 ACC Basketball

lunker30

Twelve Pointer
Figured I would fire this one up.

Basketball fires up tomorrow and jumps right into ACC play.

Louisville @ Miami
VT @ Clemson
GT @ NC State
Kansas Vs Duke (neutral site)

Will be interested to see how the ACC games shake out without any scouting.

As an NC State fan, I expect this years team to be Kevin Keatts’ best team yet. Challenge for a top 5 ACC finish and be firmly in the NCAA tourney.

What’s everyone else’s expectations for their team?

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Well mine is not ACC because I'm die hard Kentucky fan but I expect them to have average year by their standards another group freshman that will get them close but not close enough they do have some returning guys and a transfer. I'm not big calpari fan I would as soon he go myself year after year of freshman starters and never building a team with experience

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I have many (teams) ?

I have a transcript (attended) from South Carolina. I played baseball at Wingate and at East TN St. Univ. I have degrees from Wingate and NCA&T.

Those are my “we” teams. I’ll pull for and against a select few others. ?

lunker30

Twelve Pointer
I have many (teams) ?

I have a transcript (attended) from South Carolina. I played baseball at Wingate and at East TN St. Univ. I have degrees from Wingate and NCA&T.

Those are my “we” teams. I’ll pull for and against a select few others. ?

Another South Atlantic Conference participant. Didn't play baseball, but played football at Catawba!

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Another South Atlantic Conference participant. Didn't play baseball, but played football at Catawba!

Loved going there. That old baseball stadium was a treasure.

What years were you there?

My cousin was a pitcher at Catawba, same years as I was at Wingate.

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
I'm expecting ECU basketball to have a pulse for the first time in forever. :ROFLMAO: Hopefully they will be playing some decent basketball by late December or January.

DC-DXT

Twelve Pointer
I'm expecting ECU basketball to have a pulse for the first time in forever. :ROFLMAO: Hopefully they will be playing some decent basketball by late December or January.

At least they will look like a basketball team taking the court this year. Has to be the most height ECU as ever had on the team. Need PGs to heal up and start playing.

country

Ten Pointer
State finds new creative ways to throw the games away. Hopefully they will play better when Johnson and funderburk return...

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I don't follow basketball much until the tourneys. Esp when football is still on.

lunker30

Twelve Pointer
State finds new creative ways to throw the games away. Hopefully they will play better when Johnson and funderburk return...

Not really. Same stuff, different year.

Wayyyyy too much hero ball.

I’ll refrain judgement on this team if they can get healthy and get Funderburke back.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Kentucky didn't look bad likely will be ranked 1 next week which is meaningless in Nov I really don't see them winning SEC

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Kentucky looked great but I never thought MSU should have been #1. No way.
Me to I can think of 5 teams better including duke Carolina and Fla . preseason polls are bout as worthless as can be. Looking forward to seeing Memphis play some real teams see if they for real

Panthera

Eight Pointer
Cole Anthony is the best shooting guard in the league. But he's a point guard. He has to score a ton of points because he is far and away their best player. A one man show. Gonna be interesting to see how he handles point guards that can play defense, especially Duke's Tre Jones.

Duke's freshmen are coming around, Cassius Stanley is a beast. Gonna be a dogfight in the ACC this season between Duke, UVA, Louisville, and UNC. The way I see it, UNC may be a notch below those three, because the talent drops off after Cole Anthony. They need to develop Cole some help. They cannot expect him to score 34 points a game.
Duke has some really good freshmen that are showing flashes of what they will become. UVA and Louisville are set with good veterans.

Last edited:

lunker30

Twelve Pointer
Cole Anthony is the best shooting guard in the league. But he's a point guard. He has to score a ton of points because he is far and away their best player. A one man show. Gonna be interesting to see how he handles point guards that can play defense, especially Duke's Tre Jones.

Duke's freshmen are coming around, Cassius Stanley is a beast. Gonna be a dogfight in the ACC this season between Duke, UVA, Louisville, and UNC. The way I see it, UNC may be a notch below those three, because the talent drops off after Cole Anthony. They need to develop Cole some help. They cannot expect him to score 34 points a game.
Duke has some really good freshmen that are showing flashes of what they will become. UVA and Louisville are set with good veterans.
be

Best shooting guard in the league?

He was 7-24 from the field last night and 3-13 from 2 point land.

He looks to be a really good player but I wouldn’t put that label on him after 2 games.

Just one mans opinion.

nontypical

Ten Pointer
be

Best shooting guard in the league?

He was 7-24 from the field last night and 3-13 from 2 point land.

He looks to be a really good player but I wouldn’t put that label on him after 2 games.

Just one mans opinion.
The box score I looked at said 4-11 on three’s. Plus he had 10 boards. He is a stud!

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Agree. Experience is key. Sprinkle in elite young talent with experience and you have the recipe for a lot of wins.
Yup that was only way old calpari could get champ had some upper Classman mixed with fresman stars. I so look forward to day this one done stuff is over I enjoy following a team for at least 3 years being built

lunker30

Twelve Pointer
Yup that was only way old calpari could get champ had some upper Classman mixed with fresman stars. I so look forward to day this one done stuff is over I enjoy following a team for at least 3 years being built

Agree. College basketball was so much better when you had kids staying in school.

Either go pro out of high school or once on a college campus, you have to stay for 3 years. Exactly how MLB does it.

Panthera

Eight Pointer
If you are talking about Duke's young guns being one and done, maybe a couple, but I can tell you now only two, three at the most go after this season. And Anthony did have a bad game last night. But he will not have many games like that. I stand by what I said.. And it's hard for a Duke fan like me to admit it.

downeastnc

Old Mossy Horns
Agree. College basketball was so much better when you had kids staying in school.

Either go pro out of high school or once on a college campus, you have to stay for 3 years. Exactly how MLB does it.

NBA wont draft 18 yr olds anymore......kids have to go to college for at least 1 year....or sit a year. The NBA is looking at possibly changing that rule again in 2020, they use to take kids right out of high school/prep school in fact that didnt change until 2005 ( thus Kobe, Lebron etc ) when the 1 and done rule was implemented.