Nice Fall Bassin

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
Went on my Favorite River and caught a few good ones yesterday. Started off with the Whopper Plopper and though the fish were smashing the WP it was also catching every leaf in the river. Changed up to a 1/2 oz spinerbait and they were crushing it. Missed fish were thrown a fluke. had a good 7 lber hit Fluke twice but she came unglued. Great day on the river with my son and friend Steve.

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
It is ok there....from 70 in the town of Haw River to Hwy 54 bridge is probably the worst section in the Haw. The section above it(62-70) is good and the section below it(54-boywood access) is good.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
It is ok there....from 70 in the town of Haw River to Hwy 54 bridge is probably the worst section in the Haw. The section above it(62-70) is good and the section below it(54-boywood access) is good.
i am not liking the sound of that at all.
can i wade boywood?

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
i am not liking the sound of that at all.
can i wade boywood?

No, not at the ramp. aprox 1/2 way between the ramp at Boywood up to the Bridge is an Island. above the Island you can wade. The Dam below Boywood access backs water up to that Island and it also backs water up Alamance Creek aprox 1 mile.
I grew up the river aprox 3 miles above Red Slide(hwy 70) and had land on the section between 85 and 54. that section sucks for bass but it is/was awesome for monster bucks. That section is where I have killed 90 percent of my big bucks. 70-54 is just shallow and not many bends and there is not much if any big rocks sticking up. It is just blah. Now The section from
62-70 is one of my favorites and it may be my favorite. Lots of bass and panfish.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
No, not at the ramp. aprox 1/2 way between the ramp at Boywood up to the Bridge is an Island. above the Island you can wade. The Dam below Boywood access backs water up to that Island and it also backs water up Alamance Creek aprox 1 mile.
I grew up the river aprox 3 miles above Red Slide(hwy 70) and had land on the section between 85 and 54. that section sucks for bass but it is/was awesome for monster bucks. That section is where I have killed 90 percent of my big bucks. 70-54 is just shallow and not many bends and there is not much if any big rocks sticking up. It is just blah. Now The section from
62-70 is one of my favorites and it may be my favorite. Lots of bass and panfish.

Thank you for your help. I knew you would know.

wolfpacker

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Would you have to drag boat much from 54 to boywood cause it looks rough before the bridge at swepsonville.