Story?

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
Mo the kill pic looks much better than the OP pic.....

People do some crazy stuff for horns. I just can’t understand it... I love big bucks (and I cannot lie..lol)

BUT, no way I’d be proud of shooting one at night or illegally etc.

nhn2a

Ten Pointer
Its amazing how people cant help but share when they break the law. I struck up a conversation with a gun store owner as I was picking up something I ordered earlier this year. We were comparing deer stories and he showed me a buck that he said he shot on a golf course at night because he couldn't resist. I was sure I must have heard him wrong the first time but he proceeded to continue to tell us how that was the only deer he has ever poached and he didnt have permission to hunt there either. I'm sure I stared at him like he had a third arm growing out of his forehead but he seemed to not notice. He just kept telling us more and more. Keep in mind, I had never met this guy before and he had no clue who my or my buddy were or who he was sharing this story with.

auburnpack

Button Buck
Alamance county near the town of Haw River. Told by a non internet source that it was killed behind a business where he had permission to hunt. Security Cams showed him loading the buck around 2 am.
FYI. The guy has entered nice buck at the DDC over the past 2-3 years.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Pics make it look huge, he's got the camera angles figured out

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
There were plenty of pics originally from all angles. It is darn nice from the most unflattering angles. That one of course is obviously made to look huge.

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
I don't get out to the coffee shop to pick up the latest gossip, I wish stuff like this was reported through a news release from NCWRC.

Lucky Clucker

Old Mossy Horns
what is tiny ten? famous local deer from????

i hope you are kidding?
if you have one this size that needs killing but you dont want the grief i suspect we have sevaeral here that can help you.
I would suggest Lucky Clucker for the task.
Yeah right.Never have never,will.If I ever kill a big one again sure as hell not letting social media know,sure some are killed in the the dark and in legal shooting hours,jealous horn hunters will killem when and where they see them.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Alamance county near the town of Haw River. Told by a non internet source that it was killed behind a business where he had permission to hunt. Security Cams showed him loading the buck around 2 am.

Is that 2 am BEFORE the season opened?

Luv2Boutdoors!

Ten Pointer
This is why I’d hate too shoot a deer of this caliber... All the trash talking and innuendos thrown around about it and you...

Thats why if I killed that deer I would take a few pix and send them only to my closest hunting buddies and have the deer hanging on my wall for ME to admire for the rest of my life. The whole world doesn't need to know what, how, when, what method etc, I kill my game. Thats why I NEVER had a facebook account and never will.

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
He won non typical crossbow in 2017 if i remember correctly.

ebeb16324cc2edc2253b25d49e7d8008.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
4e8d01c76dab6883b67bf52a5ea9d2c7.jpg
692ecdfdd1cf2cca6ae8a8e93f59e848.jpg

Last edited:

nhn2a

Ten Pointer
Thats why if I killed that deer I would take a few pix and send them only to my closest hunting buddies and have the deer hanging on my wall for ME to admire for the rest of my life. The whole world doesn't need to know what, how, when, what method etc, I kill my game. Thats why I NEVER had a facebook account and never will.

Personally I dont think the problem is sharing on facebook or other social media. The problem is breaking the law and thinking you'll get away with it. I've shared a ton of my hunting pics on facebook so friends and family can see but all are legal harvests. If that results in WRC investigating and wanting to ask me questions so be it. I've never understood the fear of law enforcement.

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
There is nothing on the Alamance Co. court docket yet. Would have thought if there was a ticket the court date would have shown up by now.

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
Some care more about being a big buck killer instead of just being a hunter...

He did accomplish killin that deer, but if it happened at night, he wasnt hunting.

So take away his hunting AND fishing rights, and let that deer be the last one he gets to shoot...

MoBucks

Old Mossy Horns
There is nothing on the Alamance Co. court docket yet. Would have thought if there was a ticket the court date would have shown up by now.

It’s legit, it and a mount ( possibly more than one) were taken by the GW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
^Wasn't insinuating it was but was just curious why it wasn't showing up on the court cases. They usually are entered the day after the citation is turned in.

rescue934

Twelve Pointer
they might not be done with their investigation. could be others involved. the first picture he put on was in the dark on opening day, kind of a big give away

jim67

Eight Pointer
I don't like to accuse any body without proof, but. He already poached one deer and has gotten a few studs in the past, which aren't easy to get. He either has an AWESOME place to hunt or.....

Ambush

Twelve Pointer
“It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you'll do things differently.” Warren Buffet

aya28ga

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Has anybody told the Carolina Sportsman to stop the presses?

Kinda sorry to see Kirk Vaughn in one of those pics; not fair to him to imply association with a poacher.