Thought I went bream fishing

Wanchese

Twelve Pointer
They go everywhere and eat anything when they're that size. 25 years ago they tasted good that size too.

dc bigdaddy

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
We went yesterday and I saw more crabs than ever before. I was surprised to catch him but weren’t surprised due to the location.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
so now i have images of using the giant doodling poles and hooking one of the big ones.
toe to toe with just a pole.
So drum wise men.
anyone ever heard of that ?
kayak may be best option just let them pull you.
darenative send us pics. :)

dc bigdaddy - best use of a cricket ever imo.

darenative

Twelve Pointer
so now i have images of using the giant doodling poles and hooking one of the big ones.
So drum wise men.

? think we're gonna need bigger crickets and a bunch of beer

darenative

Twelve Pointer
well the jigger pole guys use big stuff that the big drum will eat. just tap that rod tip on the water (probably will call them better than a popping cork) and hold on. :)
It's doable. We've had em hit stuff right at the yaks when someone is fighting one and brings the whole wad to the yak. That pic of that 20lbr i posted last week, the jig on popping cork rig was 6" under water at the back when i was fighting that fish and just about got smoked. There was a few 20-30 # drum that were eyeballing it when i got him close to the yak. Probably woulda lost the rod had they hit it in that holder.
Seems like you can get a lot closer to em in the yaks and still have em eat vs the boat.
Those bigger fish will flat out destroy a spinnerbait. You could probably figure 8 em like the boys up north do for muskies.
Jigger pole would probably get you snatched out of the boat or yak?

darenative

Twelve Pointer
I’ve known Rob since 05-06. Dude is a stud when it comes to catching drum from the yak
Yea, he used to fish the shoals at the point out of the yak right regular. Not sure if he still does or not. He's an animal when it comes to yak fishing

dc bigdaddy

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
So drum wise men.

A old retired gentleman at church showed me the pics where him and his buddy caught 11 of them on their breambusters all on crickets. They got into a school of them.