2019 Severe weather thread

Longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
The winds on the back of this storm were far worse than the winds from the front side. We're still getting some pretty serious gusts every once in awhile...

Sportsman

Old Mossy Horns
Just talked to a friend whose family has had a house in Ocracoke for probably 35-40 years. They lost two vehicles, two boats, water is in the first floor of the house which is used for tackle/rod storage, and lost their dock and 120 year old dock house. Sad situation over there it sounds.

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
Just talked to a friend whose family has had a house in Ocracoke for probably 35-40 years. They lost two vehicles, two boats, water is in the first floor of the house which is used for tackle/rod storage, and lost their dock and 120 year old dock house. Sad situation over there it sounds.

PW?

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
i got some pics from the south side of the nuese opposite oriental, adams creek; that showed some crazy water levels.rasied docks under water, i guess it goes down quiclky as storm passes.

darenative

Twelve Pointer
^^I texted a couple of buddys that live over there an hour or 2 ago. No response yet.
Cell service sucks over there on a good day, so im not sure they have any service over there today

QuietButDeadly

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Glad to see it high tailing off to the NE instead of up over the sound toward Manteo as it was projected at one time. The backside flooding will be bad enough as it is but it sure could have been a lot worse with a slightly more westward track.

Been monitoring the OI Fishing Center live cam and it was getting pretty shaky before it went out. And none of the live cams south to Hatteras are working that I can find.

QuietButDeadly

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Manteo Marina and downtown Manteo are the only live cams that I have found that are still working.

I think he is referring to Pirates Cove Marina

Roanoke

Eight Pointer
Not sure about Engelhard but flooding on the Northern side of the county from wind tide from Alligator River.