Duck Guide Info OBX area

valetroutfisherman

Ten Pointer
Were looking into "Fish/Duck Guide Outfitters." for this coming season, There out of Pasquotank.
Has anyone used them or know of them. They have some reviews on FB and they are all good.

ducknut

Eight Pointer
I know Dustin through a friend. I haven't hunted with him. I do know his blind on cattle pen is a good one. Especially on a SW wind.

bigdrumnc

Ten Pointer
No clue! Seems there is a new guide every week! It’s hit or miss! Just hope your guide actually has permission to hunt the blind he puts you in!

Wanchese

Twelve Pointer
No clue! Seems there is a new guide every week! It’s hit or miss! Just hope your guide actually has permission to hunt the blind he puts you in!
Dustin has been around Currituck for a while. But most of the people that book with him don't actually hunt with him.

He's one of the ones booking parties for the new "guides".

Last edited:

ducknut

Eight Pointer
Demand is one thing, straight up hood-winking people is screwed up and that's what a lot of these "guides" are doing.
I'm sure they're some that are, but people keep booking. Can't all be bad. I think the guide service asked about has been going 6 or so years. I haven't heard any horror. Heard plenty from other guide services. I recommend three good ones that hunt the same areas

bigdrumnc

Ten Pointer
Nice .....another duck pimp! I don’t know the guy personally and have no clue where he hunts. I was behind him and his crew in the pigly wiggly. They were buying a ton of pastries and pies ?

Greenhorn

Six Pointer
Is he a fairly young guy with a blind out in Currituck sound? Handed down from his FIL? I hunted there last year and there is a guy around there that the locals hate with a passion. His blind was directly behind the one we were hunting.

ducknut

Eight Pointer
Is he a fairly young guy with a blind out in Currituck sound? Handed down from his FIL? I hunted there last year and there is a guy around there that the locals hate with a passion. His blind was directly behind the one we were hunting.
I think he's in his thirties. His blind is really close to narrows island hunt club. From what I understand their members control most of the blinds around it. They're not fond of him

valetroutfisherman

Ten Pointer
Nice .....another duck pimp! I don’t know the guy personally and have no clue where he hunts. I was behind him and his crew in the pigly wiggly. They were buying a ton of pastries and pies ?
:what:No sausage & egg biscuits. Damn! :taz:Be so jacked up on sugar and carbs, I wouldn't be able to sit still.

Wanchese

Twelve Pointer
I haven't heard of many people having a problem with him. His "guides" are a different story.

Roanoke

Eight Pointer
There are too many people offering hunts that do not have the proper experience, gear, insurance or licenses. Every Red Neck that gets a 15 dollar guide license all of a sudden thinks he has a PHD. Many states you have to apprentice for two years before you can apply for a guide license. Things go bad quick on the water and people die. Especially during the winter!
Mark Marshall is who I would book with in Dare or Currituck counties. I doubt he has any openings. I can promise you that there are a lot more guides out there today ding batten than the ones that will put you in the meat.

Last edited:

ducknut

Eight Pointer
Agreed. I'm shocked at the ones that don't have a captains license. If something happened I'd imagine they'd be liable. While working on the boat today I thought maybe I have this wrong. I'd be better off booking with guides than spending who knows how much on all this gear. Too bad I prefer the dog for my hunting partner