This may shock some people but....

darenative

Twelve Pointer
Long shot, but you think the tugs might be turning up the sediment around the old outfall pipe area. They dumped a lot of harmfull :donk:donk:donk:donk in that river for years...??

Thats a lot of sand to haul in by truck in that pic. Looks like dredge spoil judging by the berm system around the fill area. They dredge the area behind the plant and deposit the spoil on plant property?
Just some wild ass guesses on my part.
Screenshot_20190814-164429_Earth.jpg

darenative

Twelve Pointer
Id look at the timing of the dredging in relation to when you saw the grass beds die up that way.
Not making any statements about that being the culprit. Just thinking out loud.

gangrig252

Possibly but I didn't want to be the one to make that assumption out loud lol

gangrig252

The grass is gone now as far down the sound as lural point light. Not sure bout any further east of there

Longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Why's that? The algal blooms it's talking about are in the Albemarle Sound not just ponds and the Chowan River. This stuff is having a direct impact on our fisheries.
Man, my bad! Ones I'd seen, dogs dying, were in ponds and lakes...

Last edited:

gangrig252

I'd like to see the situation investigated instead of just writing it off....find the reasons and fix it.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
I'd like to see the situation investigated instead of just writing it off....find the reasons and fix it.
i'll go out on a limb and suggest your area fishery bio can help you understand the issue. They are listed under ncwrc contacts,
Try them am]nd let us know what they say. they will return a call or email in a flash ime,

gangrig252

i'll go out on a limb and suggest your area fishery bio can help you understand the issue. They are listed under ncwrc contacts,
Try them am]nd let us know what they say. they will return a call or email in a flash ime,
I doubt it cause that cant touch the powers that be