Anyone trap raccoons?

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Yep...

If they feel that way about breaking one law they will do the same again.
Whats next, shooting early, shooting after legal time or night hunting?

They just try to justify what they are doing.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Good gracious... the man has a coon eating his chickens, wants ideas on best way to catch it and here we are talking about tagging a trap, permits, regulations.... SSS, no reason to involve the government in this

for that philosophy to work, a person should avoid hopping on the ol' www.algorenet.com to discuss,,,,key part of SSS is the last part,,,,,,,,

spittinfire

Six Pointer
Wow, this got more exciting then I thought it would. Thanks for the conversation guys, I learned some things.

The problem has been addressed and I feel my chickens are safe once again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

darkthirty

Old Mossy Horns
Good gracious... the man has a coon eating his chickens, wants ideas on best way to catch it and here we are talking about tagging a trap, permits, regulations.... SSS, no reason to involve the government in this

I agree. ??? That coon done destroyed everything and moved on to the neighbors property before a man can get all the permission slips signed. I’ve enjoyed this thread. Lol.
The biggest learning point I hope the OP takes from this is don’t advertise any nuisance/depredation issues on a public forum outside of whatever the season is. Handle the situation and move on.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Before I retired from active duty, When I was a grizzled “old” warrant officer with 20+ years of service, young fellows would publicly ask some question about what to do in a certain situation,,he’d get “the book answer”

Nearly always rejoinder with “what would you do Chief”

I’d answer “we don’t talk about what I have done or would do in public”

Applies to so many facets of life