Big Rock Blue Marlin Tournament

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
so I text one friend I have that I fishing in this event. They are down today. Said they were changing the harmonics of the boat today. I was ashamed to guess what that was so I looked it up.
You learn something every day.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
I catch them....
One fish it like 5 bluegill or 6 perch....
Easier to catch also, more meat to use on bait.....

I never understand why catfishermen degrade the poor bass.
I never hear bass fishermen cutting down the slimy; eat anything that swims, ugly, rolling when hooked catfish.
bass fishermen are happy those things exist to keep the masses happy. and away from the real sport fish of freshwater.

How am I doing Justin? :)

dc bigdaddy

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Judging by a video I saw of boats on the way out this morning, bey they all wish they were at the dock. It was nasty. The video was of a big center console taking an absolute beating. Bet the bluewater is like a washing machine today

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
that was a 34' Fountain if it's the boy I know. Someone tagged him in the video. I think that was Tuesday though. He knows one speed. Wide ass open.

QuietButDeadly

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
If that 90 footer is the boat I think it is, I toured it while it was still under construction in Wanchese a few years ago. 1st class all the way!

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns

Dont get me wrong.
Not going to degrade a bass. They are great prized fish. I hold them high and look up to them.....
It is one of the easiest to catch, little boring but very value and even more valuable as cut bait.
Catfish love them....

They also taste good if the catfish leave me leftovers. ...

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I never hear bass fishermen cutting down the slimy; eat anything that swims, ugly, rolling when hooked catfish.
bass fishermen are happy those things exist to keep the masses happy. and away from the real sport fish of freshwater.

How am I doing Justin? :)
Flatheads never roll when hooked, that is why I hate the others.

bigten

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Are you talking about the forum with posts from 2003? I'm not sure if they still do it that way. Billfish are actually quite tastey.

No. I think it was the Carolina Sportsman Facebook page listing what was weighed in and the released fish. Someone responded with the information I alluded to in my reply on this post. It has me curious as to if that statement is true, as well as the reasoning behind it if so.

bigten

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
they are like bass, too much mercury to be safe to eat.

Thanks

HotSoup

Old Mossy Horns
Judging by a video I saw of boats on the way out this morning, bey they all wish they were at the dock. It was nasty. The video was of a big center console taking an absolute beating. Bet the bluewater is like a washing machine today

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Oh it was....never felt so bad in my life. Should have used the patch I have......never puked but I fought it all day.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
How and where do ya'll listen to it? Pardon the ignorance.
this will get you started just click on some topics and find what you want including video and radio broadcasts.
It reminds me of the ncaa basketball stuff. background noise for work. :)

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Randy said on the radio one boat was fishing. Not sure if that was based on the paperwork or if they really fished.

cuppednlocked

Ten Pointer
Paved For fished and reported a hook up. Unfortunately the fish pulled the hook. All they had to do was release a blue and catch a dolphin and they would have made some $.