Used gun websites

darkthirty

Old Mossy Horns
Where is the best place online other than GB to buy used shotguns??
Lookin for a 410 o/u but got a budget and really trying to find a sporting model or 30” bbls.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Guns America
Also try to google the gun. Many times I pull up a big shop you can call and order from that are good to deal with.

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Do you want higher end or just a sporting model over and under in .410.

Me personally, I like to spend on my 12 gauge stuff that I shoot in tourneys. I slump on my subgauge stuff being I only use it for fun.

darkthirty

Old Mossy Horns
Do you want higher end or just a sporting model over and under in .410.

Me personally, I like to spend on my 12 gauge stuff that I shoot in tourneys. I slump on my subgauge stuff being I only use it for fun.

When it comes to a 410, to get 30” barrels it’s gotta be a “sporting” model. Very hard to find any of the cheaper makers make a o/u with 30” tubes.
I shot every gauge when I shot tourneys. Actually shot best with a 20 and 28. I can’t bring myself to “slump” on any shotgun I buy. Which is an expensive rule. Lol. I love the sub-gauges. My 12’s haven’t been shot in years. If I can’t kill it with a 28, ain’t no need in killing it, or it couldn’t be killed with a 12 either. Haha

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I’ve been playing with 20s for fun, but I’m not trying to handicap myself shooting sporting clays tournaments. When all it takes is a bird or two to get punches and/or money, I just don’t think it would be fair to myself to tote less.

I was just asking regarding the gauges. I’m looking a sporting model myself right now. Most like going to be a 725....just haven’t decided the model yet.

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
My wife and I both picked up stoeger double 20 gauges a while back so we could shoot the sidexside shoots and use them in subgauge as well.

I won a moss berg over and under and started shooting it in sporting clays and skeet. It is absolutely a no frills gun, but it has been one of the best values I have ever seen. I have no idea how many thousands of shells it has eaten, but it has been tough. It’s about wore out now and has a lot of play, but in the time I have had it, I had to replace a firing pin. That’s the only down time it has seen. I think that one is somewhere around 15,000 - 18,000 rounds through the tubes. I can’t argue it for a $600 gun.

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
When it comes to a 410, to get 30” barrels it’s gotta be a “sporting” model. Very hard to find any of the cheaper makers make a o/u with 30” tubes.
I shot every gauge when I shot tourneys. Actually shot best with a 20 and 28. I can’t bring myself to “slump” on any shotgun I buy. Which is an expensive rule. Lol. I love the sub-gauges. My 12’s haven’t been shot in years. If I can’t kill it with a 28, ain’t no need in killing it, or it couldn’t be killed with a 12 either. Haha

Lately, I have seen more edge on targets than ever before. I don’t know what has led to that.