Breed female due

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
I have a female due on the 28th. I hate it when they have pups in the heat. Last litter was born on one of the coldest days in January, different female. Now these are going to be born on one of the hottest says. I have always been amazed at how tough the are from the start. Just hope these are lucky. Crossed two of my best hunting dogs, if a deer is there they will find it, but still have the speed to drive one with the endurance to keep chase going. Looks like she is going to have a wad of them. They go back to Pretty Cat Hellums, Murphy's Big John, High Point's Boone, Beson's Chester and Eastland's Creek Macy.

Reactions: RJ1

RJ1

Ten Pointer
Sometimes it works out that way, I've got two litters now one a week old off one of the my fox dogs and one two weeks old off one of my bear hounds haven't lost a pup yet hope it turns out good for you.

Reactions: DRS

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
That's some good blood right there.
Been line breeding these for quite a few years and always been satisfied. Mixed in the High Point's Boone when I needed some pups but the choice for crosses were to tight. I field trialed up until about 5 years ago, done pretty good with them. Now with most in that game looking speed, I stuck to hounds that I wanted to hunt with. Got to have some that will look the game when the deer numbers dropped here a few years ago. That's when I decided I would rather have an average speed all around dog, one that would hunt, than a speed demon that runs past the game. Not to say some of them can't drive a piece of game, actually been tempted to field trial them, but I got them handling and hunting on the outside like I want them to, so I have been hesitant about running in the wire.

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
Sometimes it works out that way, I've got two litters now one a week old off one of the my fox dogs and one two weeks old off one of my bear hounds haven't lost a pup yet hope it turns out good for you.

I'll be happy just to get some pups and not lose the momma dog.

JoeSam1975

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Been line breeding these for quite a few years and always been satisfied. Mixed in the High Point's Boone when I needed some pups but the choice for crosses were to tight. I field trialed up until about 5 years ago, done pretty good with them. Now with most in that game looking speed, I stuck to hounds that I wanted to hunt with. Got to have some that will look the game when the deer numbers dropped here a few years ago. That's when I decided I would rather have an average speed all around dog, one that would hunt, than a speed demon that runs past the game. Not to say some of them can't drive a piece of game, actually been tempted to field trial them, but I got them handling and hunting on the outside like I want them to, so I have been hesitant about running in the wire.

Back when I had dogs and field trialed, I had a couple with pretty cat in them. I mostly ran stuff that went back Clown.

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
Back when I had dogs and field trialed, I had a couple with pretty cat in them. I mostly ran stuff that went back Clown.
I had one heck of a hound that was off of Pinedale's Clown B. Stoker was his name, he threw some good pups as well. I lost that blood line though, I sure hated it when I lost the last one and had not breed any of them.

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
I was expecting the pups tomorrow, but the were born a very hours shy of 63 days, from the first time I let them breed. I was a little surprised. Had 8 look like she laid on 2 of them. Not sure she is done having them. It is her first litter all seems good now. She had them outside the box. Over the years I have learned the hard way to let them stay were she wanted to have them. I tried whelping boxes off the ground that had plenty of room, bit I have had better success just raising pups on the ground. https://photos.app.goo.gl/yCdxsHm5zsvqEXxe8

bertienchunter

Twelve Pointer
I had a litter on June 1st last year and it was hot as all get out. I kept a fan on them and the mom and pups made it. The pups are doing well and have the best mouths of any litter I have raised.

Good luck buddy

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: DRS

bertienchunter

Twelve Pointer
I was expecting the pups tomorrow, but the were born a very hours shy of 63 days, from the first time I let them breed. I was a little surprised. Had 8 look like she laid on 2 of them. Not sure she is done having them. It is her first litter all seems good now. She had them outside the box. Over the years I have learned the hard way to let them stay were she wanted to have them. I tried whelping boxes off the ground that had plenty of room, bit I have had better success just raising pups on the ground. https://photos.app.goo.gl/yCdxsHm5zsvqEXxe8
I have raised every litter I have had on the ground or on concrete ground level. I have lost 1 pup in the last 5 yrs. No whelping boxes for me.

I raise them under a shelter in a 6'x8' pen with a 48"x40" clean chemical tote and use plenty of shavings. Clean the pen every day and keep fresh water. If it's cold I use a heat lamp in the tote and if hot I always run a fan unless its raining.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

JoeSam1975

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I had one heck of a hound that was off of Pinedale's Clown B. Stoker was his name, he threw some good pups as well. I lost that blood line though, I sure hated it when I lost the last one and had not breed any of them.

I owned Pinedale Clydesdale B for a while. He was a beast on a deer. He ran a deer a lot better than anything else. I had another Clown Male that was just as good just never got field trialed. He had a hurt ankle that would swell if run too much.

Last edited:

shotgunner

Ten Pointer
I had some Clown dogs that I loved. But never forget, there was some "Dash" in his pedigree. Dogs I liked the most generally went back to him. I bred a female that went back to old Dash top and bottom to Parker's Mr. Colby. Best bunch I ever raised. Their biggest problem was ME.

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
I had some Clown dogs that I loved. But never forget, there was some "Dash" in his pedigree. Dogs I liked the most generally went back to him. I bred a female that went back to old Dash top and bottom to Parker's Mr. Colby. Best bunch I ever raised. Their biggest problem was ME.

I thought every hound went back to Dash Rip Rock. :geek:

JoeSam1975

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Most dogs I had had Dash in there two, three, sometimes 4 times.....the last ones I had, best dogs I ever owned had Clown with a lot of Kennedy breeding