Red woof attack

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
If the locals don't think it could be a dog (pit) but believe it could be a large cat then the locals are loony.

Explain why the pits were cleared. Some locals think it was a wolf, some think it could have been a cat. The locals don't like to be called loony either, they know better than you what roams their neck of the woods.

wolfman

Old Mossy Horns
Explain why the pits were cleared. Some locals think it was a wolf, some think it could have been a cat. The locals don't like to be called loony either they know better than you what roams their neck of the woods.
Were all pits in the area cleared? Sorry, but the locals (or anyone else in NC) is a loon if they think a panther is roaming their neck of the woods.

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
Black panthers are everywhere

Someone’s long lost cousin’s barber’s neighbor’s nephew saw one

Wanchese

Twelve Pointer
Sorry, but the locals (or anyone else in NC) is a loon if they think a panther is roaming their neck of the woods.
Some of the locals over there believe that USFWS turned loose two mountain lions on Pungo Refuge ..................................... and they are dead serious when they talk about it.

Locals on the mainland here think USFWS service dropped thousands of rattlesnakes from helicopters onto ARNWR. Rational people believe the most ridiculous things when USFWS is involved.

Wanchese

Twelve Pointer
I think someone's pitbull(s) got out of their fence and the reason it hasn't happened again is because they're back in their fence. Just my speculation of course.
I'm not sure about the exact dogs being talked about but most of the dogs, aside from hounds, I've seen over there don't live in pens. Most dogs are free to do as they please.

41magfan

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Personally, I'd like to hear from the medical folks that treated her (EMS & Hospital) and I'd like to see the autopsy report. Bite location and wound characteristics can tell you a lot about what is and what is not likely.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought she was lucid when they initially found her? Surely she said something.

Lastly, if we're to believe the official word regarding the investigation, I find it improbable that the water would have compromised the wild animal evidence any differently than it did the domestic dog evidence. In other words, wild animal DNA shouldn't have been compromised any more than the dog DNA. Assuming competent evidence collection practices were followed - the lack of wild animal DNA likely means there was none.

Last edited:

QuietButDeadly

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
The bite mark left by a pit bull would be a lot different than the bite mark made by a coyote or coyote/wolf hybrid and from a cat or a bear as well. I believe a reasonable person is not too far off base to believe that there was enough evidence to reach a more definitive conclusion but for some reason, the folks in charge have declined to come to or reveal that conclusion. And the lack of a definitive conclusion wreaks of a cover up of some sort in the minds of many on the outside looking in.

JoeSam1975

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I know a few people from the area and none believe it was any local domestic dogs. Those pits were checked and were cleared.

I know several people involved with the pit bull that attacked the toddler in Edgecombe County and they all thought the same thing (dog wouldn't attack) until it attacked the kid.

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
The bite mark left by a pit bull would be a lot different than the bite mark made by a coyote or coyote/wolf hybrid and from a cat or a bear as well. I believe a reasonable person is not too far off base to believe that there was enough evidence to reach a more definitive conclusion but for some reason, the folks in charge have declined to come to or reveal that conclusion. And the lack of a definitive conclusion wreaks of a cover up of some sort in the minds of many on the outside looking in.

Precisely...

Mike Noles aka conman

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor

I may be mistaken, but I think there was a report that the bite marks were 3 3/4 inch to 4 inch in width. There's only a few canine with that bite and no bear or cat that I know of in this area. There's been no mention of that in "official" reports, but water most certainly would not have removed that kind of evidence.

Bottom line is the only dna evidence is that of a domestic dog. So the evidence points to a dog. Anything else is speculation. You cant be serious about the black panther. These are the only black panthers you need to worry about. 28756

7mm-08

Twelve Pointer
Animals attack for many reasons, most of which would not imply that there is a man eater going around hunting humans. Some attack out of curiosity, opportunity, feeding, self defense, protecting their young, or guarding their food. No black panthers, no Sasquatch, no chuacabra. The rogue shark theory has been debunked. I wouldn’t say that there could never be a cougar around, but not likely. They can travel and have been found to the north, south and west of us. But the DNA and dogs with large jaws and blood in their teeth would lead you to speculate otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoeR

Eight Pointer
Some of the locals over there believe that USFWS turned loose two mountain lions on Pungo Refuge ..................................... and they are dead serious when they talk about it.

Locals on the mainland here think USFWS service dropped thousands of rattlesnakes from helicopters onto ARNWR. Rational people believe the most ridiculous things when USFWS is involved.

I travel full time for my job. If there's one common story told by outdoorsmen and farmers across the US, it 's that their local wildlife folks dumped cats and coyotes in their area. It certainly is a persistent legend.
Joe

DuckyDave

Eight Pointer
Contributor
They called and had my buddies come with their coyote dogs that morning but when they got there with the dogs they would not allow them to turn any dogs out. What would it have hurt if they weren't tracking any collared animals in the area? There is a lot that just don't add up here.
Odie, I am not disagreeing but can you please clarify who it was that called your buddies to bring their coyote dogs (but then told your buddies to "stand down")? That sounds very "fishy" to me. Like "they" valued giving the coyotes/woofs undisturbed free reign vs. solving problem....who is "they"? Thanks for the input...

odie408

Ten Pointer
Odie, I am not disagreeing but can you please clarify who it was that called your buddies to bring their coyote dogs (but then told your buddies to "stand down")? That sounds very "fishy" to me. Like "they" valued giving the coyotes/woofs undisturbed free reign vs. solving problem....who is "they"? Thanks for the input...
wildlife

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
I travel full time for my job. If there's one common story told by outdoorsmen and farmers across the US, it 's that their local wildlife folks dumped cats and coyotes in their area. It certainly is a persistent legend.
Joe

Don’t forget the divers that came up from diving at a dam and won’t ever go down again because of catfish the size of cars.

Last edited:

wncdeerhunter

Old Mossy Horns
You may be surprised. You’re likely not talking a bite “mark”, more of a mauling and massive trauma. I’ve been involved in scenes of fatal animal attacks, so it isn’t so definitive as one would think. Not saying you would t be able to differentiate if you had a decent impression, but it isn’t guaranteed.

double

Twelve Pointer
Those two pits killed the woman. Apparently no one wants to admits it. They may be sweet babies but they killed the woman. Could have been playing that turned into killing but they killed her. I know lots of you hate the woofs but blaming the is no different than a crime victim saying it was a black guy no matter who it was. Just placing blame against the evidence does not make evidence. Give it up those sweet baby pits who would never hurt a fly killed an old woman.

odie408

Ten Pointer
Those two pits killed the woman. Apparently no one wants to admits it. They may be sweet babies but they killed the woman. Could have been playing that turned into killing but they killed her. I know lots of you hate the woofs but blaming the is no different than a crime victim saying it was a black guy no matter who it was. Just placing blame against the evidence does not make evidence. Give it up those sweet baby pits who would never hurt a fly killed an old woman.

Those two pits where barking at the door and when the owner opened it to let them out she heard screams from the attack in progress before the pits got down the driveway. Sorry but those pits broke it up.

double

Twelve Pointer
Those two pits where barking at the door and when the owner opened it to let them out she heard screams from the attack in progress before the pits got down the driveway. Sorry but those pits broke it up.

That is the owner who does not want to put their dogs down story

Last edited: