Smokeless muzzl loader

Cyperry

Ten Pointer
Contributor
[emoji106]

There are several on here that hunt smokeless. Once you get set up to do it, I doubt you’ll go back. What’s your questions on it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DrAsus

Spike
What is smokeless?
I use the 777 pellets or the pyrodex pellets in my Thompson center arms ML

DrAsus

Cyperry

Ten Pointer
Contributor
What is smokeless?
I use the 777 pellets or the pyrodex pellets in my Thompson center arms ML

DrAsus

Smokeless muzzleloaders shoot rifle powder. They’re highly modified break actions or bolt actions that you still have to ram the bullet down the business end.

DrAsus

Spike
Smokeless muzzleloaders shoot rifle powder. They’re highly modified break actions or bolt actions that you still have to ram the bullet down the business end.

Thanks for the explanation. I was thinking they were in lines like my TC.....

DrAsus

Downeast

Twelve Pointer
I have one of the Savage Model 10's. They had issues with liability and stop making them.. With a smokeless rifle you have to WEIGH each charge. With black powder you use volume. So, 80 grains of smokeless powder is not the same as 80 grains by volume of black powder. That simple issue was something that the majority of people could not grasp and subsequently turned their rifles into bombs. But then again, I've seen idiots double load a standard mz and shoot it so there you go...duh :)

timekiller13

Old Mossy Horns
I shoot a Savage Model 10. It's all stock. I shoot 43 grains of AA5744 and a 300 grain Hornady XTP with MMP sabot. Recoil is about like a 243, I know it's deadly out to 200 yds (never tried further, although I know it will do it if I need it to). Very little mess, no swabbing after every 3rd shot. It's awesome.

Cyperry

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Is there anyway to get into the smokeless guns economically?

CVA scout with a conversion job. Probably $800 or so. Or buy a used one. Used aren’t much cheaper. The savage ML10’s are still pricey used.

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
There was one posted up a while back. They are intriguing...but it would have to be a labor of love.

DrAsus

Spike
CVA scout with a conversion job. Probably $800 or so. Or buy a used one. Used aren’t much cheaper. The savage ML10’s are still pricey used.

How much are the Savage's? I know they make good guns.

DrAsus

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

SharpShooter

Ten Pointer
Cva apex frame and 45-70 barrel. Shooting 200 gr 40 cal bullets light blue sabots. Barrel threaded for savage smokeless breechplug. I don’t remember the load. It’s a duplex. I’ve got it at my reloading bench. If I remember I’ll check it this evening.

klim

Twelve Pointer
I shoot a Savage Model 10. It's all stock. I shoot 43 grains of AA5744 and a 300 grain Hornady XTP with MMP sabot. Recoil is about like a 243, I know it's deadly out to 200 yds (never tried further, although I know it will do it if I need it to). Very little mess, no swabbing after every 3rd shot. It's awesome.

Same here...I shoot 250 XTP

herman

Six Pointer
The last one I saw on here was priced at $1100 if I remember right.

Thats the one I sold last summer.The fellow that bought it called me after trying it out and said he was very pleased with the tiny groups he shot with it.
I have another one that is a custom build that would
make some one a great bean field muzzy.It has a rem action.shelin barrel and boyds stock with a jewel triger and is a 45 cal..It is posted on the for sale board with pic if anyone is interested.
I have 3 custom builds and want to sale one more leaving me with 2 .
This rifle has shot more than one 3-shot groups at 300 yds less than an inch.