2 3/4 inch buckshot reloads

klim

Twelve Pointer
Been playing with some 12 gauge 2 3/4 buckshot reloads pretty impressed with the results. Standard factory fullchoke out of the a 1400 Winchester, 12 pellets of factory Hornady 33 cal buckshot. MG-42 wad, 28 grains of Longshot, 2 3/4 once fired standard Federal field hull CCI magnum primer. All 12 in the pizza box lid at 40 yards.

Attachments

• F5CBAB91-E12C-46AA-A081-73B6F7931420.jpeg
    F5CBAB91-E12C-46AA-A081-73B6F7931420.jpeg
    180.5 KB · Views: 29

klim

Twelve Pointer
Winchester 1400 12 gauge standard factory choke, 2 3/4, 31 cal 14 pellets nickel plated. Federal field load once fired hull Winchester Western primer, 28 Longshot powder, buffer, MG-42 at 40 . All 14 pellets in pizza box lid at 40 yards.

Attachments

• 0E205BE6-E0D3-4D95-BED5-4C216098BA2D.jpeg
    0E205BE6-E0D3-4D95-BED5-4C216098BA2D.jpeg
    177.5 KB · Views: 24

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I like that first pattern a whole lot better, but as has been stated before I am anal about tight patterns. You will definitely miss more with the super tight patterns but there isn't any doubt when you hit.

klim

Twelve Pointer
I like that first pattern a whole lot better, but as has been stated before I am anal about tight patterns. You will definitely miss more with the super tight patterns but there isn't any doubt when you hit.

I like them tight but I realized I need to have alitte room for error. I would feel pretty confident I could kill a deer with that 2nd pattern also.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I like them tight but I realized I need to have alitte room for error. I would feel pretty confident I could kill a deer with that 2nd pattern also.
Yeah I feel sure you could. Like i said I am just anal about tight patterns.

I draw the line at my stopping point at the point they start spreading about like your first pattern just because of a couple things, limbs/obstacles deflecting some of the shot and error in estimating range so I try not to have much of a wounding problem. For me and my best load that is 65 yds. I can't seem to come up with anything to get it any farther at this point.

I did shoot some .30 cal this week that really showed some promise but I ran out and don't have a mold for it. Going to have to wait to see.

22LR

Twelve Pointer
A new primed Ceddite 2 3/4" Hull
8 OOO buck pellets (stacked 2x2)
(c27985overed by ballistic products buffer)
FX12 1/2" fiber wad
X12X gas seal
Benelli M2
Carlson improved modified extended choke
40 yards

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I put fiber optic sights on my shotgun. It made quite a bit of difference in my patterns. Obviously stopped my windage slights I would make from time to time and I would occasionally get a little off on elevation. Of course different loads impact different, but at this point I am pretty much dialed in unless I do stumble on a better load.