Laughter Is The Best Medicine

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
Did you really have to mention that about the white oak in Stella. I'm gonna need a bigger kayak.

I've paddled by some that were close to the same size as my 12' kayaks on that river. Mostly they are much smaller and skittish. It is a good sign if you are there and seeing several small gators sunning and in the water. If it is dead quiet and no small gators about that usually means there's a good sized one around.

The little peckerheads like the one pictured below will attack a top water plug faster than you can yank it away from them.

ncscrubmaster

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I've paddled by some that were close to the same size as my 12' kayaks on that river. Mostly they are much smaller and skittish. It is a good sign if you are there and seeing several small gators sunning and in the water. If it is dead quiet and no small gators about that usually means there's a good sized one around.

The little peckerheads like the one pictured below will attack a top water plug faster than you can yank it away from them.

View attachment 26704
Are we talking about the same place. I usually put in at the National Forest off VFW Rd in Cedar Point. I have a friend that lives and fishes off Fire Tower Rd. I guess I just thought they were not in that area. I think I'm done back there and will go out toward Bear Island. Shoot'em all.

Mechanic Bob

Eight Pointer
Are we talking about the same place. I usually put in at the National Forest off VFW Rd in Cedar Point. I have a friend that lives and fishes off Fire Tower Rd. I guess I just thought they were not in that area. I think I'm done back there and will go out toward Bear Island. Shoot'em all.
We have put here many of times. Also at Bear Creek. I have not seen any gators at either place. (But then again a snake could be at my feet and I wouldn't see it,)

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns

I've not saw any down that far. From the Boondocks Landing area back up the river I have saw plenty. They show up now and then at Emerald Isle so I'd say they are everywhere on the river.

<>< Fish

spinnerbaitor48

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Hehe
9664cdf785b36385c25d284f303b8652.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
A thief entered a house mid-afternoon and encountered a couple.
He tied up the woman and at knife-point asked the man to hand over the jewelry and money.
The man started sobbing and said, “You can take anything you want.
You can kill me. But please untie the rope and free her.”

Thief: “You must really love your wife!”

Man: “No, but she will be home shortly”.

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
{Remember that I'm an engineer.}

A doctor, lawyer, minister and engineer were playing a painfully slow round of golf because of the slow pace of the group ahead.

One of the group ahead walked back to the 4some and said, "My apologies for the slow pace. I'm playing with 3 blind veterans from the VA Hospital. I'm sure you understand."

The Doctor says, "I'm an ophthalmologist. Here's my card, have them call my office. Perhaps we can do something to help?

The Lawyer says, "Our office does personal injury work. Have them call. Perhaps there's someone we can sue to get them compensation.

The Minister says, "I'll offer a prayer for these patriotic men at Sunday's service.

The Engineer asks, "If they're blind, why can't they play at night?