Herbicide Mix Ratios

Gilly

Ten Pointer
Can someone help me on the mix ratio for Butyrac 2,4-DB and clethodim? I have a 4 gallon sprayer and want to make sure I have the correct mix for each herbicide. Thanks!

Roanoke

Eight Pointer
Call CPS or local Extension office. Be careful with 2-4-D. You can turn a place into a desert and it has long term effects. I have to get rid of several acres of Chinese Privet and going to have to use it.

nekkedducker

Ten Pointer
just googling the rate its all over the place for the butyrac depending on the crop applied to. Its also a different formulation of 2,4-D than whats used on turf but less percentage of active ingredient in the concentrate. Id say a good rule of thumb with a backpack sprayer is 1 gal of mixture will do 1000 sq ft. What ever the label says per acre, you ll have to do some math to figure out how much is needed to apply per 1000 sq ft and add that amount to a gal of water. Most products will be any where from .5 oz per gallon to 2 oz per gallon. but again do the math to get precise amounts.

Winnie 70

Ten Pointer
I have a son that sprays turf commerical and he got me a a formula for spraying my bermuda for weeds. I just finished spraying couple weeks ago...do it e very year end of Feb. and no weeds for 6 months.....per 4 gal backpack Roundup 5 oz, 2-4D 10.64 oz. and a pre emergence 20 oz.

kilerhamilton

Old Mossy Horns
I have a son that sprays turf commerical and he got me a a formula for spraying my bermuda for weeds. I just finished spraying couple weeks ago...do it e very year end of Feb. and no weeds for 6 months.....per 4 gal backpack Roundup 5 oz, 2-4D 10.64 oz. and a pre emergence 20 oz.

Why would you mix a non selective like round up with a selective like 2-4D? By the way they don’t tank mix and will gum up.

There are many pre emerge herbicides. And labels are different. 20oz of something like prodiamine will treat
d610383b59b0a44a1afd320356aaa8f0.jpg

Looks like close to an acre on the low rate side.
Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbaldwin

Six Pointer
I just sprayed Prodiamine at a rate of 16 0unces and 3 pints of speedzone southern for post emergant and to kill some henbit and other weeds that had popped up during the winter in my Bermuda.

Winnie 70

Ten Pointer
2-4D for wild onions and have no problems with not mixing or gum up....been doing this many years now and no weeds no problems.

wcjones

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I hear tell that the label has got a ton of great information located on it including mix rates.

Winnie 70

Ten Pointer
Kilerhamilton, I use the 2-4D in Feb. to control the onions and does pretty good job, just may have to go back later in the spring after warm up and hit them again. Cannot use roundup then...will kill bermuda if coming out of dormancy.

kilerhamilton

Old Mossy Horns
I don’t want to get into it. I was a golf course superintendent for 7years and still in the green industry. I graduated from ncsu in turfgrass. I’ve sprayed .25oz rates on Bermuda in the middle of the summer as a plant growth regulator. You might delay green up but I promise you will not kill the Bermuda.
Cheers

Winnie 70

Ten Pointer
I don’t want to get into it. I was a golf course superintendent for 7years and still in the green industry. I graduated from ncsu in turfgrass. I’ve sprayed .25oz rates on Bermuda in the middle of the summer as a plant growth regulator. You might delay green up but I promise you will not kill the Bermuda.
Cheers

I agree, .25oz rate will not kill Bermuda in the summer.

Bean

Eight Pointer
Call CPS or local Extension office. Be careful with 2-4-D. You can turn a place into a desert and it has long term effects. I have to get rid of several acres of Chinese Privet and going to have to use it.
I have a problem with privet also. I don't know if you've tried this but in the fall while the sap is down in the plant is the best time to kill it. When the temps are in the 60s for daytime highs that's the time to get it. I use glyphosate with a little bit of 2-4d and it will destroy it.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Why would you mix a non selective like round up with a selective like 2-4D? By the way they don’t tank mix and will gum up.

Maybe you can educate me on this. I thought this was a common practice - the standard actually for glyphosate resistant weeds.