To My Fellow Police Officers, Was This Worth It?

CarolinaReaper

Now don't get me wrong, in my opinion this POS got exactly what he deserved, but in all honestly they were both in the wrong a bit. But man, I hope the guy didn't lose his job over this. That piece of trash is not worth all that.

The PoliceActivity channel is a pretty good one to be subscribed to, they put out a lot of good content.

Last edited by a moderator:

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
Not a good look for the officer. On another note probably not good either to tough talk a guy who you just punked while he was handcuffed.

He did deserve a charge for the spitting on an officer.

CarolinaReaper

Not a good look for the officer. On another note probably not good either to tough talk a guy who you just punked while he was handcuffed.

He did deserve a charge for the spitting on an officer.

I agree shaggy, the guy was being a grad A asshat, but knocking a dude out while his hand are cuffed ain't cool at all.

Ridgeline66

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Probably shouldn't have done it but guy had it coming, i stay out of trouble but have been pulled for speeding a time or two and i always am polite to LE, I wouldn't won't their job dealing with garbage all the time.

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
Probably shouldn't have done it but guy had it coming, i stay out of trouble but have been pulled for speeding a time or two and i always am polite to LE, I wouldn't won't their job dealing with garbage all the time.

I've had a couple of douchebag cops pull me over. Really only 2 were bad an maybe 2 more times that the cops were really cool. Only once did I get a little attitude back but the cop deserved to catch crap becuase he was out of line.

They dont deserved to be spit on and that should be a significant charge because I bet it happens way too often.

41magfan

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
If you're gonna be a COP, you gotta learn how to deal with punks. This guy was a simple minded fool - nothing more. For what it's worth, the first time he spit in the floor I would have gone to my Patrol Car and retrieved a spit hood that he would have worn for the duration.

Been there - done that.

Last edited:

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Yup grad A :donk:donk:donk:donk:donk:donk:donk just sucks that he'll get into trouble over that punk tough job dealing with not just sorry criminals but drunks people high and mental disorders. That's A lot to deal with

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
Officer was assaulted. Yes spitting on someone is considered assault. I see nothing wrong here, but the spit mask would have de escalated it earlier.

Knocking a handcuffed criminal out is sort of over the line. Now if the dude was not handcuffed and bowed up on the cop that's different.

downeastnc

Old Mossy Horns
Now don't get me wrong, in my opinion this POS got exactly what he deserved, but in all honestly they were both in the wrong a bit. But man, I hope the guy didn't lose his job over this. That piece of trash is not worth all that.

The PoliceActivity channel is a pretty good one to be subscribed to, they put out a lot of good content.

That channel is good, a lot of videos showing how tough being a cop is..

wncdeerhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Spitting in that instance is a felony. Hate that the officer lost his cool.

Handcuffs, I found, were an amazing tool - soon as they went on, they made the person braver and invincible- but when they came off at the jail, all that went away.

Having been spit on, I understand the anger.

CountryRN

Twelve Pointer
Have been spit on by patients three times in last couple of months. It can really test your level of tolerance. Understanding my patients at the time had an altered level of mental status made it a little easier to let it go - but had we been outside the facility and my licensure was not at risk they would have been coughing up their teeth.
It made it a little better to see one guy's mother closed handed beat the crap out of him after he did it.

darkthirty

Old Mossy Horns
Only thing I saw was he should’ve broke the bastards neck. People like that guy I have zero remorse for any repercussions of their actions regardless if they’re restrained or not. Could it have been handled differently? Yes. Should it have been handled differently? No

Those type guys aren’t even good enough to use for fertilizer.

Longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
We ask way too much from LEOs. I'm a firm believer in giving people what they ask for sometimes. Take his cuffs off, let the hero take a swing, and slap the taste out of his mouth. And that probably would have happened long before we got to the spitting point...

UpATree

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I agree with everything pro-cop that's been said here. They have my respect and my appreciation for what they do to keep my family safe. But beating someone who can't fight back is just dirty. Whether handcuffs are on or not, the consequences for assaulting an officer makes it impossible to defend yourself when the officer escalates to fists or the baton. I stopped watching "Blue Bloods" a year ago when Danny started an unprovoked beating of a guy who would probably have gotten shot if he had swung back at Danny.

Longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
That's all it took, huh? A TV show and maybe's? Sorry, that was a little confrontational....
Really?

BLOODBROTHER

Twelve Pointer
Ya know, I dont have a problem with the officer. The guy was begging for it. If people got their ass beat for being disrespectful more often, they would be more respectful.......... thus, less ass whippins handed out...... No sympathy for punks.

old school

Six Pointer
So he slipped on a wet floor,from all that spit, while trying to escape thereby knocking himself unconscious. I concur with the Officer's report.