2018-2019 NC Ruffed Grouse Season

Loganwayne

Ten Pointer
Today was my last day of grouse season. Decided to take the little pup. She’s still pretty skittish about new things but she got out and really opened up today. 4 flushes and a heil Mary shot netted me no birds. This season has been a good one and I’m looking forward to next year.
d8e2afa8cf573a46fc85abdb2b49fb71.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
Today was my last day of grouse season. Decided to take the little pup. She’s still pretty skittish about new things but she got out and really opened up today. 4 flushes and a heil Mary shot netted me no birds. This season has been a good one and I’m looking forward to next year.
d8e2afa8cf573a46fc85abdb2b49fb71.jpg

Nice. My round last weekend started at 3000’ and topped out at 4,800’ when my girl tracked up a double and pointed in a mess of grapes.

Of course, they both flush 180* back in her face instead of around the mountain to me.

No shot. She was pissed.
5 mile walk in all with a good bit of elevation.

Loganwayne

Ten Pointer
Nice. My round last weekend started at 3000’ and topped out at 4,800’ when my girl tracked up a double and pointed in a mess of grapes.

Of course, they both flush 180* back in her face instead of around the mountain to me.

No shot. She was pissed.
5 mile walk in all with a good bit of elevation.

They are good at not giving you a shot.

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
I’ll be ranging around Haywood county tomorrow if anyone is dodging the rain out there. Hitting some places I ain’t seen in 10 years or more.

Me and pup have to get out. Last weekend of season, dangit!!!!!

Loganwayne

Ten Pointer
Well. Anyone suggest a backup plan?

Mm 7 was my starting point....

We went through there about 20 min before the slide happened last night. Have you thought about the new game lands in Maggie valley, I wanted to try them but didn’t make it this year.

Or go through max patch to get to Harmon den area.

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
I thought I would kinda jump the gun and get an early start on this. I’ve been running the dog near my house and riding my Mtn bike in the mountains during this late summer heat wave and I’ve seen some acorns but I haven’t heard any drumming or seen any birds yet. Just wandering if anyone else has and also to the people who tried to get in contact with me... I’m sorry ?.....,, I just now saw the notifications. I’ll be better about that.
2019/2020 birds better watch out.
Moving to Candler in July. Back door at 3,200’ should get me and the pup closer to the birds! :)