Black powder guns

jgcpa

Spike
200-600 new depending on quality and if it has a scope or not. You can always spend more, but it is hard to spend less.

Stuart

Button Buck
Thanks, looking at CVA brand. Haven’t hunted with a black powder gun in 15 years. They have really upgraded over the years.

ZT3006

Button Buck
I got a CVA optima V2 with a scope which I love. I believe it was a little less than 500. It has killed a few deer however I have never attempted shots over 125 yards.

45/70 hunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Thompson Center Impact. Reg price around $259 but you can catch sales. I hate Dick's but they are on sale for $229 and you can use a coupon since it's not a firearm....

DuckyDave

Eight Pointer
Contributor
CVA is good for the money. Around 1992 I bought a CVA Eclipse 54 cal inline and it has been a real venison maker for me. It killed 12 deer with 12 shots then I missed the 13th deer. I shoot only 80 grains of Goex black powder with Hornady or Remington 44cal sabots 265 grain. Oh and a cheap Tasco Golden Antler 3-9x scope. Killed my first black powder deer around 40 years ago in PA with 45 call round ball CVA DIY kit rifle. CVA rocks! No need to spend big money...

BLOODBROTHER

Twelve Pointer
Buddy just picked up a cva Wolf, stainless and black, with a scope for 125 bucks. I bought the same gun 2 years ago for 160. Good shooters but come with cheap optics

DuckyDave

Eight Pointer
Contributor
Buddy just picked up a cva Wolf, stainless and black, with a scope for 125 bucks. I bought the same gun 2 years ago for 160. Good shooters but come with cheap optics
Sounds like a good buy even if it had no scope for $125. With my cheap Tasco I can see clear enough to end of Legal Shooting Time in the woods where I normally hunt. For muzzleloaders a high end scope is not necessary .

Windini

Spike
I got a TC Impact when they were on sale at Midway USA for $199. It has fiber opic sights, but my older eyes are gonna need a scope at some point soon...

Travis299

Six Pointer
I would suggest that you look at a CVA Accura MR or V2 in Nitride with a Nikon Muzzleloader Scope. We have 3 of these which are accurate and reliable. My grandson took his first deer with my V2 with his first shot ever using a BP rifle.