7-30 waters

L.P.

Four Pointer
Contributor
Just bought a Thompson Contender pistol in 7-30 waters. Looking for someone to purchase some bullets from that reloads. Factory ammo is limited to Federal flat nose bullets. I have read that the nosler 120 gain ballistic tip bullets have the best expansion on deer & are very accurate. Never have took up reloading & would like to buy from someone that has experience reloading. Thanks

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I love mine

but Sorry, I can't sell reloads as I don't have an ammo manufacturers license

L.P.

Four Pointer
Contributor
Didn't realize you had to have a license to sale reloads. That will be my problem finding them then. Thanks

1SHOT1KILL

Old Mossy Horns
L.P.,
You could always buy all the components needed (dies, bullets, brass, powder, and primers) and have someone load your ammo. That way they wouldn't have to "sell" you any ammo, since they are loading with your components. Then you could barter on what the labor and time compensation such adult beverage of choice, a gift card to their favorite restaurant, etc.

Just a thought.

41magnum

Twelve Pointer
. Factory ammo is limited to Federal flat nose bullets.

So what?...a deer or target will never know they are flat nose. I loaded FP in 30-30 and 35 Whelen and they shot jagged hole groups. Accuracy did NOT suffer...and by default they open/mushroom better/sooner IME.
Buy some, shoot them and see how accurate they are, and save the brass for reloading.

41magnum

Twelve Pointer
I'm also thinking one of the big box outdoor stores should offer loaded pointed bullets..it is a GREAT round, lethal with mild recoil, nearly a 7-08 ballistically.

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
Didn't realize you had to have a license to sale reloads. That will be my problem finding them then. Thanks

The license is to protect.... if I made you some and you blew your hand off I’d be liable and I don’t have the host if lawyers that federal does

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

L.P.

Four Pointer
Contributor
The Cabelas ad is misleading, it shows a pointed bullet but the only factory loaded ammo for 7-30 waters is Federal vital shock sierra game king & it is a flat pointed bullet. The sportsmans guide ad shows what the bullet looks like. I bought a box of them at the gun show this past weekend & going to try them. Just read that a reloaded nosler ballistic tip was more accurate & better expanding bullet for deer in that caliber but I don't know if it would make much of a difference. No probelm finding the factory Federal

L.P.

Four Pointer
Contributor
Looking on ammo websites I found a company in Oklahoma called Reeds Ammo that loads 7-30 waters with nosler ballistic tips. $39 dollars a box plus shipping. At least there is source for them if the factory rounds don't work out.