Armslist scammers

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Has anyone else noticed that Armslist is as bad as Craigslist for scammers now? I have a shotgun on there and almost fell for their :donk:donk:donk:donk simply because I wasn't suspecting it. Had their grammar not been that typical middle eastern and real poor punctuation I wouldn't have caught it as easily.

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
Hadn't noticed myself. Just had a good transaction a few weeks ago but everything I have ever bought or sold there has been in-state and FTF.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
My most pleasant transactions have been with folks on here. I am about to adopt the policy if it can't be FTF forget it.

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
I will not respond to any of them wanting to pay in anything other than cash and that want to ship

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
yeap, I listed two guns on armslist in the past - nothing but BS - won't use it again

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
I have a bought a few accessories and optics out of state from Armslist and didn't have any issues. The couple of firearms I listed on there resulted in extreme low ball offers and scam artist replies.

<>< Fish

Dead Eye-NC

Eight Pointer
I almost fell for it last year. Then I realized it was scam. Played it out and let them send their bogus check and told them never got it and to resend. They shut down pretty quick. They were from Tx. Had some last week make offer for full price from Tx. Same scam.
Did sell a gun last week off ARmslist and it went smooth. So the scammers seem to b out OOS from my experience

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
I almost fell for it last year. Then I realized it was scam. Played it out and let them send their bogus check and told them never got it and to resend. They shut down pretty quick. They were from Tx. Had some last week make offer for full price from Tx. Same scam.
Did sell a gun last week off ARmslist and it went smooth. So the scammers seem to b out OOS from my experience

Had one from TX today myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor

This is supposedly out of Tx.