Report....

gangrig252

For the first time in 20+ years I've taken to the road to hunt do to lack of birds in my area. Drove a little over a hour for the 5th time this season last Saturday and didn't even set a decoy or load a gun. Saw a few dippers and 15 groups of hunters , 1500 decoys. Rode thru, turned around, loaded up and went back home. Might be time to hang it up.

Bailey Boat

Twelve Pointer
For the first time in 20+ years I've taken to the road to hunt do to lack of birds in my area. Drove a little over a hour for the 5th time this season last Saturday and didn't even set a decoy or load a gun. Saw a few dippers and 15 groups of hunters , 1500 decoys. Rode thru, turned around, loaded up and went back home. Might be time to hang it up.

Sat was too "ideal". Wait for some nasty weather to set in and go again, the Duck Commander crowd will be inside playing video games and not in the fields and streams/lakes.

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
I guess that depends on what folks are targeting. Open water hunts and swamp hunts have been outstanding.

Ducks are around. Been seeing a lot of pics. Just not where people want them to be I guess. Lot of water out there right now too. Saw ducks today in a spot that normally has no water.

JONOV

Twelve Pointer
Ducks are around. Been seeing a lot of pics. Just not where people want them to be I guess. Lot of water out there right now too. Saw ducks today in a spot that normally has no water.
Bingo...Lots of spots that are hard to access now. A lot of spots I can't get to because of so much water, oftentimes its too thick to try and get a canoe through (or the drag would make it a tough pill to swallow without dang good odds.)

CountryRN

Twelve Pointer
heck there is so much water that I am hunting wood ducks where I normally squirrel hunt,,,,,,,,,,,,

The ducks are held up in people's back yards. Its crazy how we go from one year saying there is not enough water to there being so much water that the birds are scattered like this.
Gonna have to head to the coast before we are shooting sea ducks in Halifax County.

gangrig252

I'm in the ne hunt zone and have scouted over 150 miles of sound shore....duck desert

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
Sure there are some buffies here, sure there are some ruddies around and a few sea ducks.....but let's be real......there is NOTHING here compared to the years gone by. It is laughable at how few birds are here. I don't care how much or little of water we have.....it doesn't matter.....we have nothing here to attract or hold birds regardless of the water or weather. I spent another day on the water from daylight to dark today fishing one what used to be one of my favorite duck holes......didn't see a single duck......still have only seen 9 migratory ducks all season here in the Piedmont......how pathetic. It is worse than bad. Unfortunately I believe it is the new norm.

JJWise

Twelve Pointer
Around New Bern I’m seeing some divers/ seas ducks on the big rivers but without a boat I can’t access them. Most of the creeks/swamps I usually go to don’t seem to have any birds right now.

nchawkeye

Old Mossy Horns
I used to hunt Currituck and really enjoyed it, grew up hunting woodies in our swamps in Gates County...But, as the years went on it got over regulated and I gave up, simply too many rules for me...Our swamps are still loaded with woodies and I love to hear them squealing as they come through...But dang if I'm gonna buy expensive shells just to kill them... :)

coachcornbread

Ten Pointer

Still no birds where you’ve been hunting at from what I hear. I’m heading down next weekend to swan hunt, hopefully I can give you a decent report when I talk to some peeps.

Quackman

Twelve Pointer
We got on the divers strong Saturday layout hunting. Bluebills and redheads. Actually had some gadwall out on the big water but were not interested.
This was the first 20 min I was in the boat

8e7e64200e06ce25c3ca584bdc467a59.jpg

c85039de1dc485d2f7955f90ddea37be.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk