Reloading the 35 Remington

JBGrizzley

Eight Pointer
Been looking at doing a hotter round in the 35 using 180gr Speer Hot Cor’s. My question to yall is i have never reloaded, dont own any of the hardware to do it. That being said would i be better off to buy the equipment and play around with it myself, or find somebody to work with on this loading, buy the components and pay em for their time. Also, would there be anybody around the Wake co Johnston co area that would help me with this? I would buy the dies too if needed

Bailey Boat

Twelve Pointer
If you're just looking to play the 180 grain stuff is fun but if you want REAL fun move to .357 dia pistol bullets. I messed with the .35 years ago using pistol bullets, 2400 and some 3031 powder. You can make the 158 gr soft points scream but accuracy suffers. I got as low as 125 grain HP's and ran out of enthusiasm.

45/70 hunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Been looking at doing a hotter round in the 35 using 180gr Speer Hot Cor’s. My question to yall is i have never reloaded, dont own any of the hardware to do it. That being said would i be better off to buy the equipment and play around with it myself, or find somebody to work with on this loading, buy the components and pay em for their time. Also, would there be anybody around the Wake co Johnston co area that would help me with this? I would buy the dies too if needed

I'm in Wake Co., I can help if you need it.

41magnum

Twelve Pointer
No one in their right mind will load for you, due to the liability.
However, maybe 45-70 will let you load on his equipment.
I think I have some dies if needed...need to look in the "get rid of" box
joining www.handloadersbench.com and www.relaodersnest.com and the marlinowners (assuming its Marlin) sites will open many doors of info
First ask for someone with your exact rifle and the loads they use, and shorten your learning curve and save time/materials.
You could do this BEFORE ever starting the loading process,,,,,,,,,keep a notebook.

45/70 hunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
No one in their right mind will load for you, due to the liability.
However, maybe 45-70 will let you load on his equipment.
I think I have some dies if needed...need to look in the "get rid of" box
joining www.handloadersbench.com and www.relaodersnest.com and the marlinowners (assuming its Marlin) sites will open many doors of info
First ask for someone with your exact rifle and the loads they use, and shorten your learning curve and save time/materials.
You could do this BEFORE ever starting the loading process,,,,,,,,,keep a notebook.

Yes, I will give pointers for him to load his own ammo at his place if he gets the stuff. I don't have anywhere to load like I used to. I made a very temporary set up to load for my new to me 250.

JBGrizzley

Eight Pointer
I understand the liability standpoint. So to help me get set up, ill need dies, a press, powder measuring device, problably a scale thatll measure in grains to weigh the powder and then reweigh the entire cartrige to weed out the chance of a high or low load, and my casings, powder, primers and lead. Am i missing anything?

Deerhuntr

Ten Pointer
Also gonna need a loading manual or two. No need in weighing the entire cartridge due to differences in brass casings hence the reason I always batch my loads up with casings from same manufacturer.

double

Twelve Pointer
I use a lee to load for my 35. 200 grain hornady softpoints over varget because I use it for every other caliber I load for. Not sure how fast it is no chrono but it is accurate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hunthard2

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I use a lee to load for my 35. 200 grain hornady softpoints over varget because I use it for every other caliber I load for. Not sure how fast it is no chrono but it is accurate.

You own a remmy or is that for a whelen

double

Twelve Pointer
Mine does better on the upper end of this load

5f59c8c9f0fae1c95b315dfd2d1f276d.jpg

Dinny

Button Buck
I load a 35 Rem chambered Remington Model 7 and have a ton of data. Feel free to send me a private message with your email and I'll help. I may even have an extra press, powder measure, and a few other tools to get you started.

Thanks, Dinny

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
Seen a lot of good info over on Marlin Owners. I started going there when I began loading for my lever rifles. They have a forum dedicated to the .35 Remington. I don't have a .35 Remington, but I do have a Marlin ER in .356. I have loads using the Speer Hot-Cor 220 and 180 gr. bullets. I also like the FTX bullets and have seen/read some good things where guys are using them in the .35 Remington. Good luck. I would purchase a reloading kit and go for it. Be smart and be careful. Just saw an all copper bullet that looked awesome: https://hammerbullets.com/product/358-cal-203g-sledge-hammer/.

BAR25-06

Six Pointer
Lee Hand Press Kit with Ram Prime and some dies, a scale, bullets, powder, primers, brass, load info, all you need. If you buy the Lee dies they usually come with a powder dipper that will work just fine.