What's The Gun You Like The Most?

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
I have a CVA .50 cal muzzleloader that I got from my best friend whom I’ve known since kindergarten. He was the one who got me into hunting a couple years ago. Just a good old 50 cal with a decent scope on it. Nothing fancy. But he hand painted the whole thing and the scope camo and it’s a legitimate camo job. Looks like it came from the factory. He hunted with it since he was a teenager. I dunno what it is about the recoil from that gun, but it feels good. Instead of that harsh kick of a 12 gauge, it’s more of a long slow heavy push and it just feels damn good to shoot.

TH7

Eight Pointer
I have all of Grandaddy's guns the favorite being a Remington 1100 with a full barrel.

davidson county

Eight Pointer
I have played with a few, but I think the one I like best is the browning 300 UM. something about this gun. was my 2nd rifle purchase many years ago and still sits in the case. a close 2nd is the smooth bore double barrel muzzle loader. don't know date on it, but a lot of fun to carry.

old school

Six Pointer
My wife gave me an 1100 3 inch magnum for Christmas in !980. This gift was totally unexpected, especially since we had just had our second child a few months earlier. Joe Albea was working with Jimmy Bond at Bond's Sporting Goods in Greenville,N.C. and Joe knew that I did not own a magnum shotgun. Although times were tight that was the best Christmas gift I can remember. That gun came with a 30 inch full choke vent rib barrel which I used until I married it up with a 26 inch steel shot vent rib version. Sure wish I could live long enough to take the same amount of game I have taken with this old gal!

Blackwater

Twelve Pointer
I have a Remington sportsman 58 16ga that my parents gave me years ago as a present it was new it is by far my favorite

I have that exact same gun given to me in 1957 for my 14th birthday; killed my first deer with it that fall.

22LR

Twelve Pointer
I regretfully sold my favorite rifle years ago, a Winchester featherweight model 70 30-06. I have a obsession with model 70 rifles and 30-06 Springfield.

2LazyHounds

Button Buck
Remington 700 in .30-'06. I can't think of a more iconic rifle except maybe a .30-30. Bought mine about 10 years ago and have no intention on ever getting rid of it.

newlake

Four Pointer
1929 Model 99 Savage .250-3000 that belonged to my father. He wasn't into guns much, so the fact that he wanted this one is special and has created an obsession for 99's in me.

nekkedducker

Ten Pointer
Ill throw another Remington 1100 into the discussion. Mine is an early 90s model my dad gave me for christmas when i was 12. Ive yet to find a better fitting shotgun for me. Swings great and is a soft shooter. I dont take it out much anymore, i want preserve it as long as i can. I did take it out a few weeks ago to shoot sporting clays, and ill take it dove hunting.

herman

Six Pointer
My favorite is my rem BDL 260,I have customized it over the years.So I guess I could just call it a custom.New thumbhole stock,bedded and jewel trigger.Still has the factory barrel and action.
When it comes to just shooting at the range my favorites are my custom smokeless muzzleloaders.

Bailey Boat

Twelve Pointer
Unfortunately I don't have any heirloom guns but a couple of favorites of mine from years ago are a Marlin 99 M1 in .22 that I bought from a big box store (Gibson's) that was going out of business and I paid 1/2 price of $37.50. And the first quality shotgun I had was a Beretta AL 2 in 12 gauge from another big box, JM Fields....
Still have both and still shoot/hunt with them....

Aythya

Eight Pointer
BAR Safari II in 300 Win Mag. It's fitted with the BOSS System. It took a couple boxes of cartridges to find the "sweet spot" 17 years ago. Since then I changed bullet weights once and it only took about 12 rounds to get to the new "sweet spot". Shooting Hornady Custom ammo it holds 7/16" groups at 100 yards- the first two shots usually touching or overlapping half the bullet diameter.

Triggermortis

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
My Remington 1100 that I got when I was 14. Best guess is about 70K rounds through it and still shoots perfect when oiled.....

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
A Remington 700 BDL left hand in .270Win is my favorite for a few reasons. It belonged to an uncle of mine that was killed by a drunk driver in a head on collision back in 1986. My parents bought the rifle from his estate and gifted it to me in 1987. I killed my first deer with it (small 5pt) December 10th 1988. Tomorrow marks the 30th anniversary of that first kill and I'll be in the woods with that rifle tomorrow deer hunting. It has been setting in a safe for the last decade or more semi-retired. I pulled it out this year and put the factory wood stock back on it along with a good set of mounts and a new Leupold 3-9x40. Doubt I'll ever change its current setup.

<>< Fish

1544371004514.png

nchawkeye

Old Mossy Horns
My wife gave me an 1100 3 inch magnum for Christmas in !980. This gift was totally unexpected, especially since we had just had our second child a few months earlier. Joe Albea was working with Jimmy Bond at Bond's Sporting Goods in Greenville,N.C. and Joe knew that I did not own a magnum shotgun. Although times were tight that was the best Christmas gift I can remember. That gun came with a 30 inch full choke vent rib barrel which I used until I married it up with a 26 inch steel shot vent rib version. Sure wish I could live long enough to take the same amount of game I have taken with this old gal!

I bought my first compound (Bear Whitetail) from Joe when he worked at Hodges...Jimmy and I were both KAs at ECU...And, I worked at Parkers for awhile...Graduated ECU in '77, haven't been back much...When I do I am amazed at how much it has changed, but good memories...

highclimber

Old Mossy Horns
Can't narrow it down, to 1 Gun. My favorites, are, my Stevens 311A Double Barrel 16 Ga. Given to me, at age 6, by my Uncle. Dad's Belgium Browning A5, 16 Ga, and my Grandpa's Remington Model 11 Semi Auto, with the "Hump Back" like the Browning A5.

Scrub

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Amadeo Rossi 20 gauge side by side my dad gave me when I was 12 I'm 54. I still hunt with it

CutNRun

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I've got two favorites;
Rifle is a model 70 Featherweight in .308 that I bought new in 1981. It has a Leupold compact VariX III 2.5 x 8 x 36 on top. It's like shaking hands with an old friend. It just fits and I've killed truckloads of deer with it. I bought an identical .30-'06 just because I love the fit, action, and accuracy.

Shotgun is a Benelli SBE 2 12 gauge with a Burris FastFire 3 on a Speed Bead mount. It flat out thumps the turkeys. Never had a shell jam or a mechanical problem. It loves to hunt almost as much as I do.

Jim

seedrooster

Eight Pointer
If I had to get rid of all my guns except one... it would be a bolt action Sears and Roebuck .22. I got it for Christmas when I was a kid. I have killed a crap load of game with it. It’s scratched up and beat up. The back ramp under the sights was lost, a penny under the ramp worked perfect. It’s the most accurate little rifle I’ve had. I wouldn’t take a mint for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Combat Diver

Eight Pointer
There's the M1903 Springfield, M1911 pistol, Smith K frame 4" .357 or N frame 6.5" or these two below.

MP44/STG44 7.92x33mm Kurz. I had two in Iraq in 03'
92581d1544418007-bren-gun-george-firing-mp44-blacked-out.jpg

or the Mk44 Mod 3 7.62mm Minigun. Been a primary instructor/repair on these down range for the last 4 years.

CD

wturkey01

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Hard to pick just one!! These are the rifles I will own as long as I live........

L-R
1- Stick? :unsure: Didn't know that was in the pic!
2- Remington Model Seven Custom Shop. 35 Rem.
3- Win Mod 70 pre-64 (I removed orig wood to protect it) 30-06
4- Ruger #1 in 270.
5-Sako Forester w/ Mannlicher stock. 308
6-Ruger M77. 7 mag

Rifles 001.jpg