binocular recommendation

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I use a pair of Nikon Prostaff 7's , mine are 10x42 but I'd rather have 8x42 for the additional light gathering and ability to find critters quicker. I can recommend them as they are very clear, waterproof and have easily adjusted eye pieces.

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
I had never had a good pair of binos until a couple of years ago when I got a Leupold Yosemite 6x30 and have been very pleased with them. Far better than anything I've ever had. Cabela's has them on now in 8x30 for $130 and 10x30 for $140.

Guybo

Eight Pointer
Ordered some too.
That's a very good deal and you won't regret it. I've been using them for around 5yrs now and they are a very good set of binos for the price. I also bought my daughter a pair several years ago and she likes them too. We paid about $200 for them on sale at the time. That's a great buy!

Banjo

Old Mossy Horns
I had never had a good pair of binos until a couple of years ago when I got a Leupold Yosemite 6x30 and have been very pleased with them. Far better than anything I've ever had. Cabela's has them on now in 8x30 for $130 and 10x30 for $140.

I like anything Leupold.

Zach's Grandpa

Old Mossy Horns
I bought a pair of Swarovski in 1985, sent them in twice for free upgrades, and still keep them in my truck. I figured after 33 years I deserved a new pair so I bought a pair last spring. Swarovski isn’t cheap but if this pair lasts 33 years that will get me to 106 so I might just keep them until I quit hunting. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
For less than $150 the Vortex Diamondback will be hard to beat. The Redfield Rebel were decent for the price too but that was just looking at them at the store not at dusk.

sent from...... Tapatalk

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
Love my 8/42 diamondbacks.

Great for price and weight.

I have more expensive Binos, but those are the ones I carry hunting most.

nhn2a

Ten Pointer
For those that have them, how is the quality of the diamondback series binos? I like vortex viper and razor series but hate their diamondback rifle scopes. Very low quality in my opinion. Just curious if it's the same level in the binos.

dc bigdaddy

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I like the diamondback binos. granted, I haven't thrown them around or dropped them on concrete, but they seem to be holding up pretty good. I can see with them as long as I need too.

brownisdown

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
For those that have them, how is the quality of the diamondback series binos? I like vortex viper and razor series but hate their diamondback rifle scopes. Very low quality in my opinion. Just curious if it's the same level in the binos.
for $129 they are worth it but you will be very dissapointed comparing them to your other glass if you are use to viper and razors.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

kilerhamilton

Old Mossy Horns

Good in my opinion since they don’t have to hold zero or track.
I have the crossfire series and have had to send them back... but received a new pair. No cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer

They are a $300 bino you’re getting for $150.
(They fight up weight class, while a lot of other options in that range are dissappointing.)

They are NOT a $700 bino you’re getting for $150.

I have some really nice 10/42s that stay at home cause the vortex’s get 90% of hunting duty. I don’t mind dragging them through the woods or beating them on logs and rocks when crawling.

Plus they are light for their size in your hands.

I can’t stand vortex rifle scopes, any series. But, these little binos are great for the minimal investment.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I would like to find a pair of 8x32 @$129. Would make a great smaller pair for my boys. All they have is junk.

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
I would like to find a pair of 8x32 @$129. Would make a great smaller pair for my boys. All they have is junk.
Find some 6x30 Leupold Yosemite, they are great for the price and sometimes you can find them used for a really good deal.

sent from...... Tapatalk

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I was doing a search for binoculars on e-bay and there are some really good deals on some older Leupold stuff, especially the Japan Leupold stuff that has great glass and still has the Leupold warranty.
I picked up a pair of Wind River 10x42 yesterday off a hunting site for $20, according to the guy there's nothing wrong with them and they still fall under the Leupold warranty if there is.
There are deals out there for those who just want some good binocs, not just the latest and greatest new stuff.