Gamewardens came in today...

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Albemarle hunt club was hunting some of our land near the Sandhills gameland in Scotland county beside Carpenter road and Nashville church road today. Well at near 11am we hear an airplane circling over our clearcut where the dogs were running does out as fast as they could run them ;)
Game wardens rolling in within minutes of that plane. Felt like a SWAT team came in and just shut down the hunting. Everyone seem to leave after that. Didnt see a hunter or hear a dog on that part of the gameland this afternoon. Never seen game wardens be that aggressive in NC.... till today.:sneaky:

Last edited:

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
Sounds like profiling to me. Never heard of them "raiding" a still hunting club during hunting hours, but have seen it happen this way at a dog clubs more than once. Well, that makes two other times at different clubs I hunted with. Heard of it happening even more.

Reactions: jug

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Did you all kill any?
If you had been there we could have stacked them up;):).
Yeah I shot a massive button buck that I thought was a doe. I could have shot more over on the D and L.
Bo could have shot 1 doe in front of the game wardens as they pulled in.:LOL:
That afternoon Joe Swaim shot a doe but she ran into the swamp and he said he was not going swimming, behind the church. Mike missed a small buck also that afternoon. I saw 5 , Bo saw 1 , Scotty saw 2 and Joe saw 2 on the D and L. Not one buck.:unsure:
No sign of King Tut and no pics.

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I know your hating that.
Yes I am. I drawed the best stand yesterday on the tract where King Tut resides and I did not see him . No one did. Dogs were running everywhere. Would have been hard for him to escape unseen.

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Never heard of that how quick did y'all realize it was them
Yeah one of the dog drivers came on the radio and told us to be ready.... make sure I had my deer tagged proper.
Game wardens are always around the Sandhills gameland once gun season comes in.Good for business :p

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
That's good they patrol it around here rarely and I mean rarely see one hunting on public do see fair amt fishing especially trout fishing.