Poachin cases update

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
There were a few cases that were discussed with interest here in the past months that I have been trying to keep up with but were getting hard for me to find so, with permission, am starting a new thread for anyone interested.

The first one, I believe, involved the Guilford Co. case that was reported in the Carolina Sportsman. That case continues to be continued and is now scheduled for May 8.

Another involved 2 individuals in Person with a large number of charges which was continued last week and is now scheduled for May 22.

The case from Hyde Co. which generated a number of comments is still pending and is scheduled for May 3.

For anyone interested in what is going on in your particular county you can search for information at this link:
http://www1.aoc.state.nc.us/www/calendars/OfficerQuery.html

There are currently 525 cases pending in the state, many with multiple charges. Might want to take a look and see what is going on in your county.

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
A little further info for those who may not know. This is a listing of pending cases only. No disposition is available on the web once the cases are heard the outcome has to be looked up on a court computer at the county county courthouse.

Part-time hunter

Ten Pointer
Looks like 8 in New Hanover County. They must be hunting in city parks cause there ain't any hunting land in the county that I know of. Maybe they are from illegal fishing?

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
Now that was funny. A couple of hunting cases but the majority of them were alcohol related boating incidents. Just click on the defendants name and it will show the charges.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
There were a few cases that were discussed with interest here in the past months that I have been trying to keep up with but were getting hard for me to find so, with permission, am starting a new thread for anyone interested.

The first one, I believe, involved the Guilford Co. case that was reported in the Carolina Sportsman. That case continues to be continued and is now scheduled for May 8.

Another involved 2 individuals in Person with a large number of charges which was continued last week and is now scheduled for May 22.

The case from Hyde Co. which generated a number of comments is still pending and is scheduled for May 3.

For anyone interested in what is going on in your particular county you can search for information at this link:
http://www1.aoc.state.nc.us/www/calendars/OfficerQuery.html

There are currently 525 cases pending in the state, many with multiple charges. Might want to take a look and see what is going on in your county.
Thanks for link good to keep up with goings on around me looks like lot fishing violations which I always figured these knuckleheads were taking trout out of season some people just can't help themselves

Yeah, if the officers don't show up in the Hyde County case, you can bet they won't have jobs the next day, seeing as one of the "victims" was a wildlife commissioner.

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
Mr. Thousands continues to skate. He was scheduled for court yesterday and the cases were continued till 09-18. One more continuation and he will be over a year since the alleged violations.

The cases in Person Co. involving 2 individuals with a total of 36 charges is scheduled for 07-24.

Last edited:

ncscrubmaster

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Thousands has got to postpone through hunting season so he can continue to poach. Judge needs to go ahead and slap him on the wrist for no hunter orange or something and be done.

Bailey Boat

Twelve Pointer
If there's not going to be a fair and speedy trial why in hell are the officers busting their hump to enforce the laws?? I guess the judges think if they continue them it guarantees their future employment.... Sad state of affairs......

aya28ga

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
If there's not going to be a fair and speedy trial why in hell are the officers busting their hump to enforce the laws?? I guess the judges think if they continue them it guarantees their future employment.... Sad state of affairs......

Its not the judges.

Getting continuances is a common maneuver (delaying tactic) used by defense lawyers.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Like said above hope he is paying out the arse in fees then gets some stiff penalties when all said and done

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
The two defendants in Person Co. facing numerous charges were scheduled for this past Tuesday. Looks like their cases have been continued till 09-25.

PG2

Ten Pointer
We should start a petition to stop this nonsense and get them prosecuted...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bud

Four Pointer
Contributor
Poaching and the lack of any significant punishment is a definite and continuing problem nobody seems to take it seriously especially the judges