Iowa preference point time...

mjbrady

Twelve Pointer
It’s that time again, time to apply for a tag or purchase a preference point for Iowa. You have until June 3rd... GL apply for my tag this year ?

deerhunter28

Ten Pointer
Yep started yesterday.

I’m debating to put in for the draw this year or just a preference point?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brownisdown

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Do you have to start over at zero if you put in for draw and dont get it or just loose the draw fee?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Do you have to start over at zero if you put in for draw and dont get it or just loose the draw fee?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

neither - if you put in or the draw, and elect for bonus points if not drawn, you will get your tag money back, minus the PP fee if you don't draw a tag and you will get an additional preference point added to wahtever you already have

if you do get drawn, then yes, you loose your points

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
It’s that time again, time to apply for a tag or purchase a preference point for Iowa. You have until June 3rd... GL apply for my tag this year ?

PP for me, last went in 2016 - fun hunt but aftermath stunk - came back home, eye surgery within a week after

hoping next trip I get a deer and NO SURGERY

badlandbucks

Ten Pointer
Here’s an idea of what it took to draw in 2017
df4002cb77fec895d80d1666a1326473.jpg

30/06

Twelve Pointer
Already applied, will be PP 2 after using up my points in 2016. Be 2020 til I can go back.

badlandbucks

Ten Pointer
Yup I’m in for #3, if you’re looking for me in November 2020 I’ll be somewhere in SW Iowa.

Hope so. If you are going in zone four it may possibly take four points to draw. Last year not everybody with three points Drew. It was about 70% with three points.

mjbrady

Twelve Pointer
Hope so. If you are going in zone four it may possibly take four points to draw. Last year not everybody with three points Drew. It was about 70% with three points.

I didn’t draw in 5 last year with 3 points. I know 2 other guys that didn’t draw with same scenario.

30/06

Twelve Pointer
Now you have me worried, me and a buddy are planning on going together, may need to apply as a party do we either both get drawn or neither....would suck for one to draw and not the other. Guess it’s getting tougher for NR to draw, I’m good with that if it keeps the quality high.